7

Barry was in his room, looking out of the window. His mum came rushing in

"Barry, you didn't behave yourself at the party. Why? What's wrong with you? What are you looking at out of the window?"

"You asked me this once before mum, and at that time I wasn't sure, but today I am. I'm looking for the same face in the moon, like I did all those years ago"

"Barrry, stop it. It's over. You broke up with her yourself"

"I only did it to please you lot, but now I've realised that what a big mistake it was. So what if she didn't fit in with you lot? She was my everything. I would have taken her somewhere else and stayed with her. But instead for you lot, I gave up my happiness, my life. I stupidly thought that over time, I'd forget her, but I haven't. I want her more with each passing day"

"Barry, stop this foolishness"

Caitlin was busy closing up the shop, when she saw him standing outside, watching her. She looked away and shook her head, and realised that she had been seeing things, as no one was there. But Caitlin felt like she was being watched the whole day. It wasn't just once, it kept happening for a few days.

"Something is definitely up", she said to her friend 

"What is wrong?"

"It's him. He's everywhere I look. Everyday he watches me as I close the shop. Plus, I can feel him everywhere where I am"

"Caitlin, is it possible that he?"

"Yes, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm glad someone else realises it with me, and I'm not crazy. He wants my shop"

Caitlins friend stopped 

"Shop? Who said anything about the shop?"

"You just did. You agreed with me that he wants my shop"

"No silly. What I'm trying to say is that maybe he is interested in you"

"Your joking. Nobody loves me, and yet you are suggesting that a prince loves me. Yeah, like that is going to happen. Plus, you know how I feel about the royals. I could never fit in with them"

"That's what I'm saying. You can change everything"

"No thank you"

Barry was staring out of the window

"Who is she?"

"Who?"

"The one who's face you are trying to find in the moon"

"I dont know her name"

"Well, how did you meet her?"

"Mum, she's that crazy girl that has come here twice, and broken something"

"Barry, you can't. She is an employee's daughter. Your dad would never allow it"

"But mum, what can I do? My heart has taken a liking to her. I know that she is a bit crazy, a bit weird, and lives in her own world, but that's one of the best things about her"

Caitlin was waiting for Barry, as she shut her shop

"Look, I don't like this. You can't just show up, wherever I am. Look, I know what you want. I can't give you what you want"

"Why not?"

"Because it's mine. Not yours"

"Do you want me to ask your dad?"

"No. Why would you ask him? It's got nothing to do with him"

"I'll ask your dad. He'll say yes to me"

"Why would he?"

"Why not?"

"Why would my dad give you my shop? That's just wrong"

"Shop? Who said anything about your shop?"

"Well, what else could you want?"

Barry just looked at her 

"Oh dear. My friend was right. This can't happen. There's too much difference between us and our families.  I hate your family and what you stand for. Please don't even entertain the idea"

'But?"

"No!"

Caitlin was at her shop, when the phone rang 

"Hello Caitlins. We cater for everything, especially engagements and weddings. How can I help you?"

"Both will be done. What's the rush?"

"Who is this?"

"Your new friend"

"Friend?"

"Yes. I thought that you would allow me that seeing as you don't want to be anything else"

"Your really full of yourself. Like I would want to be friends with you or any of your kind. I'm Caitlin. I don't do this. Goodbye"

Barry smirked as she slammed the phone down. She was a feisty person 

"Hurry up, we're going to be late"

"Coming"

"Look, I know that you are leaving us soon, but can you spend the last carnival here with your friend?"

"I'm sorry. Let's go"

They happily walked off

"What about Barry?"

"What about him?"

"What are you going to say to him?"

"Nothing. I've already said it. How dare he?"

Duff, duff, duff. What's going to happen at the carnival? As always, feedback appreciated