Chapter 21

Jiu's POV

I can feel the taxi driver staring at me worriedly over the rear mirror. I sniffed one last time before trying to stop crying. I sighed again.

I took out my phone before dialing Siyeon's number. A few seconds later she picked up.

"Neh?" She answered.

"Are you still at the apartment?" I asked, hopefully she didn't hear my hoarse voice.

"Yes.. is everything okay?" Of course she can tell..

"Hm.. can I stay the night? I'm on my way.."

"Of course, you're always welcome. Be safe, I'll wait for you outside" I hummed before hanging up.

The taxi driver pulled up infront of the apartment. I saw Siyeon waiting patiently outside for me. She looked at me worriedly before gasping.

"Your eyes are swollen. Don't tell me everything's fine when clearly it's not. Come, let's talk inside" I nodded before sniffing.

We sat on the couch before starting.

"Now spill" She said impatiently.

"I..I b-broke up with her" I said while crying uncontrollably. She slowly patted my back.

"What happened?" I looked at her before telling her the full story. I saw her clenching her fists.

"She really did that?? I'm sorry, Minji-ah.." She yelled before apologizing softly. I sobbed harder on her shoulders.

She hugged me before we got interrupted by someone who opened the door to my previous room. I looked at the person. She looks familiar..

"Oh! Minji, this is my girlfriend, Bora. Babe, this is my bestfriend, Minji" I nodded my head before looking at my bestfriend, she looked at me apologetically.

"H-have we met before?" I asked. She looked at my bestfriend before nodding at me.

"That one time at the restaurant.." ah! I remember it now..

I nodded before she excused herself, leaving Siyeon and I alone again in the living room.

"My story time is not for tonight, I'll tell you some other time" She said, I nodded.

"Where is Yoohyeon now?" She asked. I looked away before shrugging.

"I.. I left her at the condo" Siyeon nodded before patting my back.

"I.. I broke up with her.. I didn't even let her explain.. Did I do the right thing?" I tried saying while sobbing.

"Minji-ah.. it's normal to act that way, I'm sure she understands. Plus, she's the one who fucked up. It's fine. But you need to have a serious talk" I nodded before wiping my tears.

"We will. I mean.. I will talk to her but not.. now. I-I need to process everything that just happened.. I still can't believe she did that.." I said while sobbing quietly. Siyeon hushed me while patting my back.

"I know you love her, you will not give her a chance if you didn't in the first place. I'm not condoning what she did, never. What I'm trying to say is.. don't let the days pass and make this harder for the both of you. Ok?" I nodded while sniffing.

End of Jiu's POV

Yoohyeon's POV

I looked at the almost empty bottle of whiskey in front of me before wiping my tears and downing the glass of whiskey I poured myself for the 10th time.

From now on.. we're nothing.

I cried again before pouring myself another drink. I clenched my fists before punching the marbled countertop. I winced at the pain.

It's because of my stupidity that all of these happened. If I only I told her sooner.. this.. wouldn't have happened..

Bora-unnie calling..

I sobbed before picking up.

"Where are you?" I stayed silent before narrowing my eyes, trying to stay awake.

"I heard what happened Yooh, I just want to make sure you're fine" I scoffed.

"I am but she's not. I fucked up. I fucked up unnie. I lost her. I lost the person I loved so much. I.. I don't know what to do now.. she.. she broke up with me.." I said while bawling my eyes.

"Sh.. tell me where you are, please" She sounded worried.

"condo.." I replied softly.

"Ok, I'll come over. Stay where you are. Don't drive. Please" She said as calmly as possible.

"I.. I want to be alone, unnie. I won't drive, don't worry" I said before ending the call.

I looked at my phone before crying again after seeing my wallpaper. It's a picture of Minji and I. I wrote a message for her before sending it but my number has been blocked.

I frowned before crying again. I walked inside the restroom before splashing water on my face and the next thing I know is me passing out in the tub wishing that I would wake up from this bad dream.

End of Yoohyeon's POV

------------

- welp, we in this angst together T.T