Chapter 2 ✨

hihi we back

I dont own the image above

TW : Implied abuse and drinking, losing reality (?), let me know if there is any more!

Philza Pov ~ Age : 31

"Oh- I-"

"HA. HA. Ha... You see, Tom here is such a kidder!"
The woman spoke, trying her best not to punch the dirty raccoon infront of her.

"Oh- haha... That's completely fine. We love a good comedian."
Phil chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn't expecting someone to want to stay here. The outside of the orphanage was enough for Phil to think it was haunted. It looked so abandoned that Phil even rechecked the address. 3 times.

The feathers of his wings ruffled as he saw 'Tom's' cold dead eyes when the raccoon looked up at him. Then the woman, who was actually named Samantha, walked over to 'Tom' and bent down. Phil watched as she whispered something into the boy's ear. He flinched as she spoke and Phil heard shuffling behind him, possibly being the child's tail coming closer to his body.

"Sorry, sir.."
'Tom' spoke with a small sad voice, looking down at the floor, ears now as low as they could be. He was like a tiny puppy whimpering after getting yelled at for eating someone's food.

"Ah, it's fine. No need to be sorry Tom."
Phil replied, putting his hands up as to add on how he didn't want him to be sorry for making a 'joke'. He saw the kid's eyebrows furrow as he said 'Tom'.

"Well, we have more people coming in. Better hurry this up!"
Samantha smiled, a fake witch-like smile. Everyone could tell that she just wanted the child gone.

"I suppose, c'mon Tom!"
Phil said as he grabbed his car keys out of a pocket from his jacket that looked almost like a robe. Phil was hoping he could discuss 'Tom's' new home life in the car without the creepiness of that woman.

As soon as Phil turned around and walked a few steps he heard a smack and a thud. He quickly turned around to see what had happened.

When Phil turned around he saw that 'Tom' was now face planted on the ground with a red neck.

"Oh he's such a cluts!"
Samantha said, walking passed the fallen raccoon boy, not bothering to help him. Phil then saw a little smudge on her hand as she wiped it on her black skirt. (A/N Like I said I don't know anything about makeup)

Phil then ran over and asked if the boy was okay and proceeded to help him up. He looked as if he was gonna cry but was desperately blinking away the tears. Phil felt his breath, it was uneven and heavy.

"Hey, hey.. It's okay."
Phil was attempting to calm 'Tom' down as he gently ruffled his dirty hair. It somehow worked and Phil ended up hearing a small 'thank you' slip out the boy's mouth.

"Right, now I guess we should get going. For real this time."
Phil said, letting out a small chuckle at the end. Knowing already he didn't trip but Phil wasn't looking for a fight right now.

He attempted to grab 'Tom's' hand which Phil had now noticed a scar at the end of the boy's sleeve but as soon as he tried the raccoon slapped it away and started walking to the door, ears still down.

"Let's just go."
'Tom' said, venom lacing his tone.

Phil seemed unbothered as this response reminded him of Techno, a child he had adopted 5 months after fostering him. He acted the same way when Phil picked him up from the orphanage he stayed at, just his tone was a bit more uncaring. This thought only made Phil love this little raccoon boy more. Yes, he decided right when 'Tom' came down he was gonna treat him like a son and love him like a son for as long as 'Tom' wished to stay.