Chapter 14.4: To Understand, To Love and To Promise Ourselves to One Another

Start from the beginning

What is love? He has always been thinking that love is a burden, something empty and splendor but not real.

But Lisa liked him and he wanted her to be happy. No matter whether it was out of guilt or something else, he wanted her to be happy, even if his own heart was somewhat empty ......

Lisa kept on looking at the time, already a quarter of an hour. Will Jungkook grow impatient as he waits? Qiang Wei was still holding her hand and smilingly said to the girl sitting opposite of her: "My friend Meow Meow is an all-rounder who is able to wield both the pen and the gun. When she entered X University, she carried the title of a science scholar so she was the first one to gain entry."

Lisa glanced at her. She did not perform well during the university entrance examination, so she was a long way from being a science scholar.

"Heehee, oh I see." The other party also smiling, was holding her boyfriend's arm and saying to Qiang Wei: "Both of you are also top students of a prestigious university. After graduating from college, we started to work, so cannot compare. But won't studying too much make people feel like a nerd?"

Qiang Wei said 'oh' in a friendly tone and pointed at Meow Meow saying: "Have you seen such a beautiful nerd?"

"......"

Okay, occasionally sacrifice a little was acceptable, as long as Qiang Wei felt happy. Moreover right or wrong, Wei Wei was flattering her, so she cannot 'fail to appreciate it.'

The facial expression of the two people sitting opposite was complicated. The woman was brooding but unable to retort momentarily. The man was somewhat apologetic and nodded at Lisa. She was naturally indifferent and said: "In fact, in over sixty percent of the human gene, appearance and intelligence are directly proportional."

She had just finished speaking, she felt Qiang Wei who has been holding her hand, shaking. Lisa thought back what she had just said and suddenly realized she seemed 'sarcastic'. She saw the girl opposite squinting. She cannot help but feel a bit helpless, as expected the other person said: "Oh, by the way, Miss Li, you left with your friend yesterday. Is he your boyfriend? Why he did not accompany you to come out together today? "

Qiang Wei smiled and said: "Not any Tom, Dick or Harry can casually meet Meow Meow's boyfriend."

"Heehee, like this ah."

Lisa was listening to these two who were close as sisters on the surface, but in reality as cold as ice and frost talking. She felt that she cannot stay any longer and was just about to say goodbye. Suddenly the atmosphere quiet down. She saw the people across of her looking behind her, so she subconsciously turned her head. A familiar figure was approaching, neither in a hurry nor slow. Lisa blinked, got up and said: "You ...... why did you come over? Is it because you've waited too long?"

Jungkook was standing beside her, his angle a little shadowy. Thus his facial expression was not very clear, but his voice was still very gentle, "Yes, too long. Can we go?"

> _ <

"Okay!" Qiang Wei also stood up and smilingly said to Jungkook: "Brother-in-law, long time no see."

Jungkook acknowledged the greeting since he has always been very friendly to his girlfriend's roommates, "I am leaving with Lisa."

"Oh, take care!" Qiang Wei watched this very attractive couple walked out the door before sitting down again and smiling, "This is called the perfect match, a model couple made for one another."

After coming out, Lisa noticed he did not let go of her hand and also did not say anything. Although there was nothing out of the ordinary, she faintly felt something was a bit wrong. She thought it might be because she made him wait too long, so she apologized immediately with a smile, "Sorry to keep you waiting for more than twenty minutes, then ―― I'll treat you to drinks. What do you want to drink? I'll go and buy." There was a tea shop directly across the street.