Prologue

Tiny Tim. The light of our lives. A sweet, angelic name for a sweet, angelic little boy. He's growing, you know. He gets bigger every day, but he will always be our Tiny Tim.

I try to be there for all of the little steps that he takes. Work gets in the way sometimes, but I've cut down my hours as much as I can. He's started to help with breakfast again. He wants to learn how to ride a bike soon. He's still asking for mac and cheese every night for dinner.

Right now, he's playing his puzzle game on the laptop. He still thinks it's hilarious when he puts the piece in the wrong spot.

They've been pretty relaxed at the office with me taking time off from work, actually. More so when you first left, though. Chris is asking for me to try and find a babysitter or something for Timothy. I don't think he understands how hard that is for me to do. He says he does, but he probably doesn't.

There are a few candidates that seem promising. I'm meeting with them soon to try and determine which one can best care for Timmy. I'd much rather it was you caring for him. You always knew how to care for him the best way.

I feel like I'm betraying you somehow. You never even let Cynthia watch him, let alone some stranger. But I have to, or I could lose my job.

I wish I wasn't in this situation in the first place. I wish you were here to tell me what to do.

I love you, Maggie. I miss you so much. I'm sorry if I'm screwing up with Tim. I'm sorry.