My Story

Jordan

It's good to be home. While some of my worst days were here in California, this is where I met Harry. And that covers everything.

I run out of the car and into Vincent's arms. The longest embrace we've ever shared here under the sun. It signifies brighter days ahead. Although we may not see it now. Open doors. Second chances. Wider smiles. New faces. More mistakes to make and more lessons to learn from them. 

"It's good to have you back." Vincent pulls away, looking down at me. The widest grin I've seen him with yet.

"It's good to be here," I say, my own smile brightening as Jackson takes a step forward.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, giving him a hug.

"If I got this second chance, then I want to be here for my girls." He rubs my back. "Where is she, by the way?"

"One serving of extra cute baby back ribs coming right up." Heather brings Hannah over to us.

"Wow." He takes her. "She's a lot heavier than she looks."

"She takes that from her mom." Heather nudges me. "Speaking of moms, where's the great Jennifer? Or Jessica? Which is it?"

"Any is fine. And she's running late, I hope." I fold my arms.

"I'm sure she is," Jackson says. "She would never pass up a moment like this."

"Yeah, well I really appreciate you being here for me. Especially after all that happened."

"And I appreciate you accepting me."

We go inside to a living room filled with people, some of which I've never seen in my entire life.

"Hey girl." Kady hugs me.

"She's finally back." Laura joins us.

Heather clears her throat. "Well, don't mind me," she says. "I'll be right over there."

"Oh, sorry. Girls, this is Heather, she's... Harry's cousin." I can do this. I can be strong for him. For the both of us. "And this is Kady and Laura. My two best friends who apparently can't live without me cause they've texted non-stop ever since I left. But I still love them. You know, I guess they're kinda cool."

"I guess they're kinda cool." Kady mimics me. "Girl bye, we know you missed us just as bad... speaking of bad, you won't believe who just got tatted."

"Who?" I ask.

Kady looks at Laura, a teasing grin on her face.

"No way." I cover my mouth.

"Did you say it was on the left or was it the right?" Kady looks over at Laura.

"You tattooed your ass? What does it say?" Heather's eyes widen. An apologetic smile taking over when she looks around at the heads she turned our way.

"My choice of body art is not up for discussion. Now where's Hannah?"

"Over there being terrified by all these new faces." I look around. "But seriously guys, where did all these people come from?"

"If we knew, they wouldn't be here," Kady says, leading us out the back door. "So Heather, I already know Jordan talked about us non-stop. But what about you? You living here, now?"

"Well, no. I'm only here for three weeks. I have to go back to my own life you know. Art and stuff."

"You're an artist?"

"Yeah, well not officially—"

"It doesn't matter. You create art, then it makes you an artist. Don't let a certificate kill that art spirit."