7: Infinity Fortress 🏮

Start from the beginning

He frowned before returning to his smirking face. "You do know i can kill your friends any moment, correct? I've lived for thousands of years, you think i still haven't found out the demon slayer headquarter's location?"

My mind flashed back to Gon and Killua. They've helped me when i needed them the most. During the exam, when my family was killed by enhancers, even when i was captured by Pouf. We've gone through hell together and back. If anything, they're more like brothers than friends to me.

I looked down at the floor.

I couldn't help back when Kite got killed by Pitou. I was too weak and that cost me a friend. If they get hurt....no. i won't let that happen. Those demons won't even have the chance to get close to them. I have a new family, may not be completely mine, but i will protect them no matter what. If anyone is to threaten them.....no matter what it takes, I'll make sure that they pay for what they do.

I was slammed onto the ground in an instant. "Daki, let her go," Muzan ordered. "But master, the air around her seemed to change. It felt... deadly." Whoops, i might've unconsciously let some bloodlust out when i was thinking about my friends. Muzan stared at me for a moment before glaring at  Daki, making her let go. He walked towards me as i sat up. He stopped in front of me as he bent down and lifted my chin. "You're going to work for me wether you like it or not. My demons won't go near your friends in the meantime, but if they get in the way, I'll kill them. Don't think i won't."

Third person pov

"Ugh, what happened?" Killu asked, grabbing his head. "Oh. Glad your awake," Tanjiro cheered. Killua nodded, before looking around the room. Gon was deeply asleep in the bed next to his. Inosuke and Zenitsu we're passed out in the same bed. There were only three, so they had to share one. Nezuko was in her box he guessed. They were all there except for Y/n and Rengoku. He slightly panicked. Maybe they're in another room, he thought, trying to calm down. He looked over at Tanjirou, the only other person awake. "Hey Tanjirou, do you know where Rengoku and Y/n are?"

Tanjiro stared at him, then gave him a sad smile. Killua felt his heart drop. No. "Don't tell me, are they--" "They're fine," Tanjirou assured, "they were injured quite badly during the fight, so Shinobu took them to a village filled with medical professionals. They confirmed that their lives were out of danger, but it'll take a while for them to recover."

Killua plopped down on the bed, sighing in relief. For a moment there, i thought he was going to say they died, he thought. "Can I visit them when I've recovered?" He asked, staring at the ceiling. "Um...at the moment, Shinobu has prohibited any outside visitors from coming into the village. S-she said something along the lines of it being distracting for the medics?" Tanjirou explained, though it sounded more like a question if anything. Killua pouted, "Aw man. Times like these make me wish Leorio was here, even if he is kinda annoying. At least they're fine i guess." He flashed a smile before rolling over, facing away from Tanjiro and pulling up the blanket.

He's hiding something, Killua thought, dropping the smile. He noticed how awkward the boy was, the image of Tanjirou's stiff posture still fresh in his mind. Doesn't matter. I'll figure it out. for now, let's sleep.

Killua relaxed as he felt exhaustion hit him before closing his eyes, welcoming sleep.

Tanjirou pov

I waited until killua fell asleep, before letting out the breath i was holding in. I wasn't lying when i said Rengoku was fine, but...i can't say the same for Y/n. I wanted to tell him the truth but...

Flashback 💭💭💭

"Don't tell them about Y/n yet," Shinobu whispered, trying to not wake the others up.

"What, why?" I whisper-asked, not understanding, "they should know what happened to their friend."

She looked at me before casting a worried glance towards Gon. "I can't say for certain, but i have a feeling they won't take it well if they find out about their friend being kidnapped by upper moon three. I mean, the chances of her being alive are slim," she reasoned.

I must've looked uncomfortable because the next thing I knew, Shinobu patted my head after taking a look at my face."I know you want to tell them, bit can you please make this one exception? Tell them that I've  taken Y/n and Rengoku to a village filled with medical professionals. Their lives aren't in danger anymore. And in case they ask, say that nobody is allowed to visit because it disturbs the medics. Don't worry, I'll tell everyone else about it too, so you won't have to do this alone."

I looked up at her before hesitantly nodding. I don't quite understand why I can't tell them, but...I'll trust Shinobu.

End of flashback 💭💭💭

I squeezed my chest and let out a sigh. I had to practice my lines before any of them woke up, it was really hard lying to his face. I hope he didn't notice. I glanced at Killua's sleeping figure. Now that i think about it, i can understand why Shinobu doesn't want to tell them.

I watched Killua's reaction when i didn't answer his question immediately. His eyes, his bodily movement, and the air around him changed. I don't know how to explain it, but for a moment, i felt like my life was in danger. It reminded me of the train demon. I was only able to know where it was attacking because it displayed killing intent. It was exactly like that, except his was much stronger.

Had i waited another second, i don't know what would've happened.

To be continued...

A/n: yo im thinking of starting another book over the promised Neverland

Though i forgot most parts of it, good thing it's available online

The bad thing is that i don't have any wifi at home, so i had to drive to the library like a LOSER just to get some damn wifi