C H A P T E R 2

ACE's POV

The days continued to blend together, each one a mirror of the last. Despite the routines and the loneliness that often crept in, I found solace in small moments—like the quiet evenings with Kuya Daryl and the occasional mischievous smiles from Alisha. The mansion felt less daunting when I focused on these pockets of happiness.

"Ok class, you may have your break now," the teacher announced, pulling me from my thoughts.

We quietly fixed the mess we made as we put the trash in the trash bin. Today, we made thank you letters for our guardians. All of my classmates made letters for their parents, but mine was for Lola, Tita, and Kuya Daryl.

After I finished fixing my things, I immediately went to my locker and placed my bag there, bringing my phone and wallet along with me.

You might've been surprised again to see an eleven-year-old having the latest phone. Well, it's all because of Lola and Tita. They gave me this so they could stay in touch with me.

Our parents didn't know I had a phone, and I didn't plan on telling them. There were times they would suddenly lock me in my room because I was grounded without any reason.

"Give that to me!" I heard someone say. It was the voice of a girl, and it somehow sounded so familiar.

In a small vacant room, there I saw her, Alisha. She was trying to get her book back from her three bullies, but because she was so small compared to them, she couldn't even reach it.

"Awwww shorty!!"
"Go cry already HAHAHAHA"
"Are you gonna cry now? Go tell your mommy already HAHAHAHA"

With that, my blood started boiling. I really hate it when I see someone bully my sister. I am the only one who's allowed to bully her.

I fixed myself and went behind the three ugly ducklings with a calm face.

They stink.

I easily got Alisha's book from the hand of this ugly duck. Thanks to my height, I'm much taller than them. They only reached my shoulders.

"Hey! Give it back to us. We're not done yet!" the ugly duck said.

"Why would I? Are you a gold?" With that, I punched their faces using Alisha's book, making the three of them cry in pain.

"Sumbong ka namin kay mommy! WAHHHHHH!!" the other ugly duckling said.

"Go ahead. Go tell your mommy." I plainly told them as I held Alisha's hand to exit the room, leaving the three ugly ducklings on the floor crying for their mommy.

When we were near the cafeteria, I let go of her hand and exited to go to the library and waste my time there instead of eating. I didn't even bother to look back at her.

Hours went by, and we were now on our way home. Alisha was fetched by our parents, who were now driving in front of my car.

"Kumusta school?" Kuya Daryl asked.

"Boring as always."

"Hmm, cold as usual, I see." I just rolled my eyes at him in a playful manner as he chuckled at my silliness.

"Wanna go to McDonald's?" I quickly nodded my head at him as we made our way through the nearest McDonald's. Sakto din at gutom na ako.

We just ordered our food in its drive-thru. We didn’t go inside because there were a lot of people, and he knows how much I hate crowds. Second, Kuya Daryl doesn't really want me to be alone inside my car as much as possible. He always thinks of my safety first.

"Do you like to have a Happy Meal?" Kuya Daryl asked me.

Of course, he wasn’t talking to the steering wheel. If it answered, I'd jump out of the car.