𝟎𝟓 - 𝐈 𝐁𝐞𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮!

"Are you sure his name is Scaramouche?" you asked in a whisper, hoping to keep your conversation with Yoimiya on a down low when your professor was discussing your topic

The classroom was silent, the loud voice of the elderly man teaching and the faint mechanical sounds of the air conditioner was the only thing heard. Some students could only sigh in anticipation, hoping for this discussion to be over now while the other half of the class looked like they could use a helping hand with the amount of stress they have as they struggled to keep up.

You and Yoimiya sat somewhere to the left of the classroom on the further part of it which was next to the window. You could speak to her without much of a hassle but you still didn't wanna get in trouble so you could only communicate in whispers.

"Yes, why?" Yoimiya lifts her head from the notes and handouts that were sprawled on her side of the table and turns her head at you.

"I feel like he has another name," you said, your eyes shifting from her to the professor in front from time to time, monitoring his movements.

"I don't know, maybe 'asshole' was the other name?" Yoimiya mumbled, hoping to keep those words to herself knowing full well about everything that had happened between you and the boy.

"What?" you looked at her, a confused expression painted on your face as eagerness laced your tone.

Yoimiya's eyes widened, cursing under her breath for her stupidity that could've caused her to slip up and remind you of such horrid memories.

"Nothing," she says, giving you a gentle smile before telling you to pay attention to class because you have been gone for weeks and you might have a stack of homework and seatwork waiting for you.

"Ah! I almost forgot." the professor exclaims as he turns his head to you while he was at his table, fixing some of his things as he was ready to dismiss your class.

"Ms. L/n, may I ask if you could remember some of our lessons from two weeks ago?" he asked, and as if on cue, everyone's attention was on you.

"Uhm, sorry Professor but I don't think I remember any," you mumbled, shying away as several eyes looked at your figure making you feel so small.

"Hm, what was the last lesson you could remember?" he asked yet again and you had to stop for a while and think.

"I think it was chapter 6? Yes, that's the last lesson I can recall," you answered and suddenly, you could notice how his eyebrows knitted together as he put a hand under his chin.

"How odd. That was our lesson last month," he said without meeting your eyes as if he uttered those words to himself before looking at you once more.

"Don't fret," he clapped his hands together before putting a gentle smile on his face. "I'll just give you the handouts of our previous lessons and I'll also assign someone to help you."

"But I think Yoimiya could help me?" Yoimiya's ears perked up at the mention of her name as you looked at her.

"Sorry, Y/n but I don't think I have any free time. I'll have volleyball practice after classes." she pouts, giving you a pitiful look before you just sighed and told her that it'll be alright.

"With that said, I'll just assign Mr. Scaramouche to help you." 

"I'm sorry what?" Yoimiya quickly looked at the boy who also had the same reaction as hers. Surprised and horrified by the news. Now she regrets having to deny your request because she will not agree to have that jerk help you with your lessons.

"Sir, I think I'll be-" she tries to act quickly but before she could finish, you already cut her off.

"Great! I'll be looking forward to it then." she only let out a whine as she looked at you with such worry. Why did you have to say those words like you're perfectly okay with it?

Scaramouche lets out a tired groan as he stepped into the library. The cold wind gushed past him as he walked through the doors, silence engulfing his surroundings as the faint audible sounds of the outside world were suddenly muffled. 

How did he even get into this situation? All he wanted to do was have a peaceful day at school without having to talk to someone and then go home and be in the comfort of his own space. But I guess he won't be able to attain that peace as long as you're still studying at the same university as him.

His eyes scanned the library. There were a few students there who studied, some alone and some in groups. Some happened to stand next to the shelves and search for books that they needed or help the librarians return the books which the students would forget to put back.

The further he walks in, the more his patience starts to run thin. Where the hell were you hiding and why wouldn't you just show up so he could just get this over with? He could only click his tongue and curse under his breath as he continued to search for your figure with some books and materials at hand.

Suddenly, he stops in his tracks when he stumbles upon a table at the back of the library, near the windows. He sees a familiar figure sitting there. Head on the table, materials, and papers all over and scattered, and the faint sounds of snores. 

Were you asleep? He slowly made his way onto the table, placing his things on the chair next to him and sitting down right across your figure. 

A while ago, he was filled with anger and frustration knowing full well that it would take so much of his time to help you catch up with the lessons you have in the same classes as him. It even pissed him off when several of your teachers asked him since both of you were in the same course. But now, his wrath seemed to calm down as he watched you sleep.

You looked so peaceful. Quiet and calm. The sun's rays were slipping through the windows, painting a little yellow on your face and highlighting your beautiful figure.

Scaramouche didn't want to think about you this way. Beautiful and peaceful? Who was he kidding? He sounds like he was falling in love with you all over again but he refused to admit it. He knows how rotten and toxic the fruit that the relationship you would have with him would bear. 

As much as he wanted to, he won't because he wouldn't dare to put himself and you in that pain ever again.