𝟎𝟒 - 𝐖𝐡𝐨?

"Scaramouche

"Scaramouche. His name sounds so familiar." you frowned as you looked at yourself in the mirror.

It was rather a pleasant morning on a very hectic Monday. Today was the day when you go back to school and you were very excited! Your parents had asked you to stay for a while and rest since you just woke up yesterday but you told them that you had no time to waste.

Somehow, you managed them to let you go back to school and you were also granted access to your dorm within the school grounds. You were allowed to do most of the things you used to do except someone was to always accompany you. If it weren't a security guard assigned by your parents then it would be Yoimiya or your friends. You thought to yourself that you'd prefer the latter. Just think about how embarrassing it is to walk around with a security guard like you were some spoiled rich kid.

One thing was forbidden though. You were not allowed to ride a car on your own. If you wanted to go from place to place, you would either tag along with someone else with a car, let your family's driver take you there, or just do what normal people do and take the bus or train.

Funny thing is that earlier this morning, you had come up to a car in your family's garage and turned on the car, stating that you needed the engine to start so that you wouldn't be late for school. You didn't have any intentions of driving the car and you didn't even think you knew how to work a car but somehow, you knew how to control the buttons of the vehicle. It was as if you already knew how to do this.

"It's her first day of school!" Yoimiya walks up to you with a wide grin on her face as the two of you stood in the middle of the university's gates. "You excited?"

"I'm not a child, Yoi! Besides, I'm pretty sure I should be more concerned about whether I remember my lessons or not." you scratched the side of your neck as your sweat dropped, letting out a nervous chuckle as the blonde only looked at you with a gentle smile.

"You'll be fine! If you remember how to work a car after an accident, I'm sure you'll remember how to do basic Math!" she pats your back comfortingly as she holds onto your arm gently but a little bit tighter.

"I'm pretty sure we're in college but okay." you sarcastically said as the both of you giggled while you continued to walk towards the school.

There were plenty of students that came toward you and asked how you were feeling. Somehow, they found out about your accident and how you may or may not have lost some of your memories. They started asking you questions like "Do you remember me?" or "Can you still remember who I am?" You remembered some, and the others were just a bit of a blur to remember but you were sure that if you spend a little bit more time with them, your memories of them would be restored.

"I hope she'll be alright." Ayato sighs as he, Thoma, and his younger sister walk amongst the students at the school's entrance. Not far away, they see you and Yoimiya being approached by several students who at the moment seemed to be similar to paparazzi rather than welcoming classmates.

The blue-haired male looks at his friend before tilting his head towards your direction, signaling Thoma to get a move on and start walking towards you guys. As the three of them try to take a step towards you and the crowd, Ayaka's shoulders were suddenly pushed aside as someone walked past them aggressively. 

"Hey!" Ayaka complains as Thoma and her older brother turn their heads, only to be met with a familiar head with raven-colored hair.

"Scaramouche," Ayato calls to him as he tries to catch up with the shorter male, leading him towards a more secluded part of the large school gate.

"Huh? What?" the said raven-haired removes his headphones and places them on his shoulders as he practically glared at the man who approached him by gripping his shoulder.

"What happened between you and Y/n?" that was the first thing Ayato asked him and that question sure did do the right job to just piss Scaramouche off.

"Tch. What? Just because Y/n got into an accident on the same day where we last talked, you'd think that something happened between us?" he scoffed, a sarcastic smirk on his face as he spoke with such a condescending tone.

"No, that's not wh-" 

"Not what you meant? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that's what you tried to say," he said, cutting off Ayato as the boy could only let out a sigh.

"Hey! What's going on here huh?" their eyes quickly darted to your approaching figure as Yoimiya trails behind you, obviously running towards you and trying to stop you from reaching the group.

"Y/n!" Thoma shouts your name as your eyes had stolen a glimpse of the fairly attractive stranger beside you. His little groan reached your ears and the way his eyes rolled the moment you arrived did not go unnoticed by you.

"So uh, who's this?" you looked at your friends, hoping to get an answer from them about who was the stranger that just sassed you.

"What? So she just forgot about me after going missing for two weeks?" the said stranger mumbled to himself although the blonde next to him heard his rude remarks.

"Yes! After her accident, her memories are in a blur." he elbows the shorter male before glaring at him.

"This is Scaramouche. Uhm, do you have any memories that you may recall with him?" Ayato asked, his eyes furrowed in worry.

Your silence filled the atmosphere as your friends and the boy named Scaramouche waited in anticipation. The silence was so thick, that the pounding of their nervous hearts could probably be heard if one listened closely.

"Scaramouche... ah!" as if there was an imaginary light bulb that lit up next to you, your eyes sparkled with joy as you were finally able to recall a few memories that you may have had with the man.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the president of the student council and I think we take a few classes together since we're on the same course." you turned your head to look at him and when you did, Scaramouche felt a sensation of nostalgia and difference. Those angry siren eyes filled with fury were now calm, wide doe eyes that stared at him so innocently.

"Am I right?" he could only hum in agreement as he looks away from you. His head was running wild with such thoughts he wanted to get rid of so badly yet you weren't making it easy for him when you were standing right in front of him. Your presence felt like a fresh start rather than your more dull and irritating aura that he started to get used to.

God damn it Scara! This isn't the time to be thinking about the past!

Don't be an idiot, for fuck's sake.