Chapter 7: A Date?!

Start from the beginning

At this time, Octavia came in and looked very sleepy in a very cute way, one hand over her eye and another blocking a yawn. She looks over to me and smiles seeing me cook.

Y/N:"Good morning Hun, how are you feeling?" I say looking back and forth as to not burn what I'm making.

Octavia:"I'm doing pretty good, but I was saddened not waking up with you there." She says while crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks in a adorable pout.

Y/N:"I'm sorry, but I had decided to let you sleep in considering what you had done yesterday with your magic and I thought it'd be nice to cook you something nice this morning, considering all you've done for me."

Octavia:"Aww, you shouldn't have, your really sweet Y/N." She says breaking her pout.

Y/N:"It's really no matter, I'll enjoy cooking for you anytime, just as soon as I start understanding what the fuck half these ingredients and food items are."

Octavia:"Wait, you're cooking all this without knowing anything?" She asks puzzlingly.

Y/N:"Well, for the most part... I know what eggs, cheese and milk look like, but essentially yes, I have little to no idea what I'm doing."

Octavia:"Well, good luck. Let's see how you do." She said in a condescending tone.

With not much of a moral boost, I start getting unnerved but push it away in time as it starts looking more and more like how it's supposed to. Periodically checking in on the Tarts, I start seasoning up the eggs and throwing what veggies and meats onto the eggs with some more cheese, I season up the eggs and fold it into an omelet. As the timer rings signaling that the Tarts are done, I finish the omelet and slide it onto a plate I set out before this. Stepping back for a quick second to take a quick breath and recompose myself, I look back at Octavia who had sat down at the table and started staring at me with sly devilish eyes, quickly unnerving my recomposition.

I look back and get the oven mitts and open the oven, taking out the tarts that have turned a shade of purple while slightly oozing purple filling, all the while smelling absolutely amazing bringing a smile to my face.

Carefully setting the cooking sheet down onto the oven on a separate area from where I was making the omelets, I take one of the tarts and add it to the plate while also grabbing what could find as salt and pepper with a fork and knife.

With the collection all together, I carefully grab everything and walk over to where Octavia had sat down and set them down in front of her. She had a look of genuine interest and shock, seeing that it wasn't some absolute horror of the cosmos on a plate.

While she was admiring my work, I go back to the oven and turn It off while grabbing a plate myself and putting the same things I had just made and walked back to the table to eat with her. As I had sat down, Octavia had cut into the omelet and sperated a piece as a pume of heat rose from the inside and she took a bite.

Her eyes lit up like the stars and the size of the plate in front of her, and she chewed it with a very satisfied smile.

Octavia:"I can't remember the last time my family had made anything that wasn't cereal. Mum always leaves to go eat somewhere and dad usually just has cereal. This is... For lack of better words, a godsend." She had said knowing that the incoming head pain had struck her.

I quickly went and put my hand on the side of her head, hoping to ease some of the pain.

As she recovered, she immediately took another bite into the omelet and savored it with every chew and swallow.

As she was eating, I had remembered that I had forgotten to get drinks, so I got up and went to the cupboard and getting two mugs and went to the fridge and got the milk and walked back to the table.