Chapter 20

Present

Kukuchisosuke town, south eastern border town of Earth and Grass countries

The Counter Konoha Division

The Eleventh Rank Sukai Guard campsite

Earth country

A clear path was created for the king and he walked through with his hands in his pockets, smiling wanly at the formal soldiers, ranging from males and females from Bronze to Gold rank. Behind him marched his twin sister, Naruko, and the king's younger brother, Minato Junior. The red haired girl had her mask perched at the top of her head slightly over her left ear and the department-less blonde boy tried to keep his face straight.

Both wore their ranks, silver and bronze respectively, with pride.

The amount of respect and reverence for the red haired king was palpable; soldiers subtly inclined their heads to the ground, even as they stood at attention, and muttered greetings to him.

There was a loud call at the front, several yards from the king, and the soldiers slammed their right fists on the left side of their chests, straightening up as one. They stomped their feet in unison, creating a deep tremor.

"Commander present!" Indra, head of Frontliners, yelled at the front of the multitude of Sukai soldiers. He was standing alongside Magi, head of Fuinjutsu, Karin, head Medic, Yu Akuso, head of Espionage and Infiltration and Nirvana, head of Inventors. The platinum ranks followed the lower ranked by holding their right fists over their heart. The holder of the kubikiri looked over the rigidly standing soldiers, all who looked forward without shaking and with their chests puffed out.

Naruto's smile became a small smirk as he kept on walking through the ranks, his overcoat swishing with the faint breeze blowing through the border town. The two solider marching behind him, his siblings, stomped on with their king, lifting their chins slightly.

"The Sukai code!" the man roared and all the soldiers, Platinum to Bronze, roared back.

"Discipline, Order, Obedience and Loyalty!"

They were the foundation of which the great kingdom was built; a ragtag cluster of people that had no future and no hope surrounded a child with the eyes of a god and followed him, took orders from him and were deathly loyal to him. They were the ones that had made a future for themselves despite the bad hand life had thrown at them.

…And they owed all their gratitude to their king.

Dying for him would be a privilege each every one of them would want.

Junior felt the air become thick at the amount of esteem that Naruto held, fixing his eyes on his brothers back he could feel them glaze over with tears; he finally had a family. The Kings Army was his family. Naruko shot a look at him from the corner of her eyes and the boy subtly nodded without looking, blinking his eyes to get the tears out. There would be time to savour this feeling later but for now he had been tasked to follow his king-brother with his silver rank sister.

Back in the kingdom, a live feed from over a dozen circular drones flew silently through the air and recorded the king as he moved through his soldiers, sending the feedback to the kingdom where it was broadcasted only in the Soldiers Barracks.

Soldiers and Police officers that were entrusted to stay back and protect the kingdom filled the mess halls of the different barracks and watched with complete reverence as their king got closer to the front of the assembled soldiers. Sitting at the front was the king's mother and the kings right hand.

Kushina gripped her cane with tight hands, trying to regulate her breathing as she watched her children.

Especially Naruto.