Opinion 3

I know this next opinion is going to get me a lot of slack but you’re going to want to hear me out. Unchained Melody is extremely overrated. I can already hear people typing angry comments like
"what do you mean, that song blew Austin's solo endeavor up" or
"no its not, you just overplayed it" or something along those lines. And I will admit, when Austin's version of Unchained Melody came out, I played it basically 24/7 (I mean are you really a fan of Austin's solo stuff if you haven't replayed Unchained Melody at least once when it was at its prime? Just so y'all know, I'm just joking.) Then it got more and more views and I started to get sick of it.
About a year or 2 after Austin released his cover of Unchained Melody, Home Free decided to cover Unchained Melody as well. And at first listen, it was amazing. But then it got old and arguably quicker than Austin's version. And I only played it like once or twice after my initial listen. I never understood the hype behind Unchained Melody and still don't.

Now, I'm going to try my best to make this clear: I do not hate Unchained Melody (I actually love the way Unchained Melody sounds when I watch videos of it from Tim's birthday bash and other live performances like that), I just think that it's overrated and that there are songs that display Austin's skill as a vocalist better than Unchained Melody out there. We just have to find them.