Chapter IV: "Weird Ass School"

Începe de la început

"It's Earnest."

"I'm (Y/N)."

He extended his cold, clammy hand out to me. I shook it. He inched closer towards me. Instinctively, I backed away.

"Gee, uh, (Y/N)--your hair smells beautiful."

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

"Ummmmm, thanks?" I feigned. "Ok! Gotta get to class."

I ran away before he could say anything else. I could feel his gaze on me as I dashed. Gosh. People at this school are weird.

***

I walked into Art and everyone had already chosen their seats. I guess I was late. I spotted Jimmy sitting in the middle of the class. I nodded my head at him. He smiled back. Unfortunately, the last seat that was open was not next to him. There was one open seat next to a girl in the front of the class with a 1950's hairdo and blue cat eye glasses. Gosh. That hairdo must've taken hours!

"Welcome, students. I'm Ms. Philips and I'll be your art teacher this year. The student you share a table with will be your partner for the year."

Excited feedback filled the room. Damn! I almost could've sat with Jimmy. I sighed and rolled my eyes very discreetly.

"Hey--" The girl said quietly. "I'm Beatrice. Beatrice Trudeau. You're the new girl right?"

I turned toward her. "Yeah--I am. I'm (Y/N)."

"Nice to me you!" She exclaimed. "I hope you're good at art."

"You bet I am."

I couldn't help but notice sores around her mouth. As I was talking to her, I tried not to pay too much attention to them. But they were definitely there.

I helped Beatrice with the portrait we were supposed to draw of Ms. Philips.

"Wow! You're pretty good at this y'know!"

"Thanks! You're pretty good too."

"Soo--how are you liking Bullworth so far?"

"It's alright, I guess. Bunch of weirdos at this school, though."

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Beatrice said spatiscally. "You know that cheerleader Mandy?"

"YES. She was so rude to me and Eunice in the halls today."

"Gosh, right?!? She's so mean! She stole my Chem notes not too long ago and refused to give them back!"

"Wow, she's even more of a bitch than I thought."

"But do you that boy?? He's behind us." She said, pointing at Jimmy.

"Jimmy??" I said super loud out of shock.

The whole class became silent. Every student had their eyes on me. Jimmy looked at me with a puzzled expression. I wanna die in a hole now.

"You said that sooo loud, (Y/N)!" Beatrice giggled. "But, yeah. He toooootallly got my notes back. We even made out after."

I felt a huge lump in my throat form. What? He kissed another girl?? I know we aren't anything, but damn... That still hurt to hear.

"Hey, are you okay?" Beatrice questioned. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I faked. "Sooo... how was the kiss? Was it any good?"

I just had to know. I had the opportunity to find out if Jimmy was a good kisser and I totally seized it.

"Yeah, it was sooooo awesome!!!" Beatrice exclaimed. "It only lasted for like 5 seconds, though."

"Only 5 seconds?"

"Yeah." Beatrice continued, "He used so much tongue!!"

Oh my effing God. Ew. I can't listen to this anymore.

I nervously laughed. I can't believe Jimmy would kiss a girl with SORES around her mouth. Even though I didn't know him that well, I thought he would know better than that. Was he just some skeeze who kissed any girl who let him?

***

At lunch, I finally built up the courage to sit at a lunch table. Before that, I was too shy to walk out to the cafeteria. So I sat alone in a bathroom stall. I know, it's corny, but not as corny as the piece of shit I saw on the bathroom tile.

I see a familiar face sitting alone, it was Pete.
I decided to sit across from him.

"Oh it's you, (Y/N), how have you been?"

"I'm good! Thank God I saw you. I've been sitting in a bathroom stall these past few days."

"It's good to see you too. It's comforting to see someone I know at lunch who's actually willing to talk to me."

Pete looked so genuine, it was really sweet to see someone here who is interested in speaking to me on a deeper level.

"Sooo, anyways—why is everyone so divided here? It's like each different table has its own vibe."

Pete sighed, "Most of the student body are in cliques," "you see those guys over there in the kelly green?" I turned to where Pete was pointing, "There are your typical Nerds." "And those guys in the periwinkle argyle vests and sweaters? Those are your Preps, they 'utterly disdain' us poor folk."

"Who are those guys in the leather jackets? Isn't that against the dress code to wear those things?"

"The Greasers, they can be tough but nobody takes them seriously because they have greaseball elephant trunk hair."

"Gosh, is this school stuck in a time warp or what?"

At my old school, we just had high-achievers with mental instability, obnoxious party-goers, or burnouts who give two shits about where they're going or what they're doing. How outdated is Bullworth? It's like all the students and faculty staff were created for campy imaginative storytelling purposes from the mind of a twelve-year-old.

"And lastly over there are the Jocks, I'm sure you know about them already and I would avoid them as much as you can for obvious reasons, cross paths with them and it's over."

Shit, didn't I cross paths with Mandy? Does that it's over for me?

Would it be?