Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Luna baby?" I answer her sigh lowly before sucking on a particularly tender spot just below her ear.

I'm not ready for what comes next. Her breath hitches and then she moans quietly right beside my ear. Now I'm feeling weak at the knees myself, ready to kneel before her and worship the ground she walks on.

But I can't stop this now. Not when I'm getting that good of a response. My lips quirk up and I murmur lowly into her skin, "That good, huh?"

"Oli," She says my name again and it's half plead, half groan. "Please."

"Please what?" My mouth curls into a smirk before I can help it. I just love her reaction to me. Luna has always completely trusted me, from the moment we first met. When I saved her that first day, from then on, she always trusted that I would keep her safe in every way that matters. Physically, I've always protected her. And I've always taken care of her emotionally as well. Even after all this time, Luna so willingly gives herself to me. Letting me carry her weight, allowing me to see every part of who she is.

Her mouth moves closer to my ear, then she says, "Take me to bed, Oli."

Those five words coming from her is the best thing I've ever heard in my life. In one swift movement, I scoop her up into my arms bridal-style and start walking in the direction of her bedroom.

"Woah!" She gasps softly at the movement, her arms immediately flying up to hook around my neck. Luna stares up at me with wide eyes and I can't help but marvel at how unguarded she is right now. For so many years since I left, she's been putting these walls up to keep me out. I hurt her and she did everything she could to prevent it from happening again. But now she's finally trusting me again. Her heart is in my hands, but this time, she knows I'll take care of it. After all, my heart has always been hers.

I nudge open her bedroom door with my back and walk inside, kicking it gently closed behind me. "Luna baby," I murmur, pausing with her still in my arms, "You tell me what to do here. You want me to set you down and walk right out of here and stay the night on the couch? I'll do that. You want me to set up some blankets and camp out on the floor beside your bed, that's no problem. This is your space and I follow your rules, alright?"

Her wide eyes are dazed as she stares up at me. Lifting a hand, she gently cups my jaw and my eyes fall shut of their own accord. Her thumb brushes over my cheek gently, immediately bringing me a sense of peace. "When have I ever wanted you away from me, Oli?" She asks softly. My eyes open to see her lips lifted into a smile, "I've always wanted you as close to me as possible. What's mine is yours. And that includes my bed."

I smile, dipping my head to press a kiss to her forehead, "Then that's a privilege I'm very thankful for, love." I set her down on her feet and take a step back. "Are you still hoarding any of my old clothes I could borrow?"

She grins a little devious smile and spins around to walk over to her dresser. She opens a drawer and inside, it's overflowing with my old clothes. "Of course I am."

"Holy shít," I chuckle, "You stole a lot more than I thought you did."

"Yeah... Some of this is pretty old... Like fifteen years old, so it won't fit you anymore," She hunches over and ruffles through some things, "But there should be... Aha!" She turns to face me with a pair of sweatpants in her hold, "These are maybe eight years old? You've gotten a little..." She trails off as her eyes drop to trace over my body. The look sends a pleasant shiver down my spine, "...Bigger since then. Taller. They might be a bit short, but they should be fine."

"Why do you even have them? I get that you used to steal the odd shirt of mine when I first left, but these wouldn't even fit you."

She shrugs, "Some of this is just stuff that got left at the house over the years and... I don't know. Every time something of yours got left behind, I took it. I never wore most of these. Some of the shirts, yeah, especially when I was in high school and I really felt when you were gone. But the rest was just... Something of you for me to hold onto. Something that still smelt like you." She murmurs.