Arguments and things

"Wybie, why did you come?"

He looked at me, "I think you know why."

I screamed. "NO I DO NOT KNOW! You just left me there and now you're trying to pretend that it never happened."

"Coraline, you know that I wasn't the only one who threw sticks and stones."

"Don't you think I knew that, that I still know that! You and I being friends was never a good idea."

It had started raining and the patter on the roof reminded me of the day.

I didn't want that vulnerability again.

Coming here was a bad idea.

I was patched up, when Wybie was done he started talking to Neil and Alvin. I sat with Norman discussing what we talked about.

"Norman can I ask why you even believed me? Why did you think I might actually be something?"

He and I were sitting on the back porch under the little canopy over the patio.

"Coraline, you and I both know that 'freaks' tend to stick together. I was one in a million. The fact that you learned what I can see means you're powerful."

I laughed, "I didn't learn anything. A monstrous woman from a pocket dimension tried to kill me."

Norman paused, thinking for a minute. "I think what happened to you triggered something. I'm related to a witch. I think if there's supernatural blood in your veins you can achieve anything related to that."

"It doesn't sound exactly crazy. But then again none of us are really 'normal'."