Chapter 33: The Will To Fight

"Destructive Death: Crush Type...!" Akaza lunged at Tanjiro, as the swordsman raised his blade in defense and shut his right eye for any incoming pain from the Upper Rank demon. "Ten Thousand Leaves Flashing Willow!"

Akaza slammed his fist down on the floor, the impact leaving a medium sized crater and sending shockwaves around it, and Tanjiro was being pushed back by the force of the impact.

"Unbelievably fast!" thought Tanjiro, now hovering in the air from the shockwaves. "No, this isn't fast, it's like...this is—"

Tanjiro didn't have time to think for now Akaza got right up in his face, his body directly under Tanjiro as the swordsman was shocked to see such speeds.

"From below...!"

Akaza aimed a fist at Tanjiro as the swordsman then leaned his head back and dodged it, as he landed on the floor, Akaza ran to his side and leaned his body to the right, keeping his right fist tucked near his waist, ready to strike again.

"Kgh..." Tanjiro winced at the punch earlier. "Even if I was somehow able to read his movements, and intercept the blow, he's so powerful I can't get away unscathed! These precise techniques, they're reading me like a compass!"

"What's more, his fists appear drawn to my vital points like magnets! How? What is it? What are they reacting to?" Tanjiro began to think, avoiding Akaza's blows, which grew dangerously closer each time.

"Think and remember, Tanjiro! There should be something if I try and deduce it all from all of Akaza's words and actions to this point!"

Akaza launched a kick at Tanjiro, as the swordsman jumped back and prepared a breathing technique, raising his blade up high then aiming downward.

"Hinokami Kagura: Solar Heat Haze!"

Akaza saw the blade go near his neck, but there was something odd about it, it looked like it was being held back and covered in haze. Before Akaza knew it, he instinctively leaned his head back as the sword cut his throat, but the blade's swung hadn't stopped.

"Haha! That's a fun technique! It looks like the blade reached me before it even landed! How did you swing your blade? This intrigues me!"
__________________________________

Senjuro Rengoku was kneeling down on a tatami mat, to his left, the door was wide open, the moonlight shining on him as he held his palms close together, sweat glistening on his forehead.

"Brother..." Senjuro called to the deceased Kyojuro, closing his eyes. "A major battle's just begun. Even Father has gone to where Master is. Please protect Father and Tanjiro-kun. It might have been trivial but I managed to send a letter to Tanjiro-san. Maybe it could be useful to him. It contains a unique discussion between the first Sun Breath user and the first Flame Pillar. The wielder of the first breath had fought Muzan. Upon hearing the story, our ancestor lost his confidence. But Tanjiro-san won't lose! He'll open up a path to the future! Am I right...Elder Brother?!"
__________________________________

Tanjiro has not received the crow's message. The fight with Akaza began before he could even reach it. He must defeat Akaza so he can read the letter.

"Hinokami Kagura: Dance—!" Tanjiro swung downwards on Akaza.

"Destructive Death: Leg Type: Flying Planet Thousand Wheels!"

Akaza's kick managed to land on Tanjiro's gut, as Tanjiro coughed blood and was sent to the air flying.

"Time to die!!!" Akaza gripped his fist tightly and aimed for Tanjiro's head.

"Not yet!" Tanjiro swung downwards quicker than Akaza's fist, and Akaza immediately held the blade between his palms as he smirked.