"Yeah man, I'm not sure about that anymore."

"Why? Is that because now you are all lovely dovey with Layle? Are you for real?"

Keith and Layle never admitted their relationship, but it's impossible to convince Joey that Layle isn't into Keith, so he skipped answering on this one.

"Joey it's not like that. At first I just wanted to experience a beta environment before college and real life, but now I think it's pointless."

Keith kept thinking about Layle while saying that, he might as well felt a bit hot, does he need to sneak to Layle's room at night.

Time passed and now it's one in the afternoon, there are still two classes to attend, but Keith decided to ditch them, he kept thinking if Layle arrived to the palace, did he already got bored or not.

But Layle just arrived there. At the palace, there weren't too many people as he anticipated, there are guards, servants, alphas and omegas and even few betas walking in suits, and the rest were journalists with there pages around their necks.

He wondered around before the event, walked into a lobby, there were many paintings hanging on the wall, and there seemed to be a young man standing so fascinated by them.*

From afar Layle thought that the man was Prince Alex, but as he got closer he noticed the glasses then his face, he was a handsome man, more handsome than a regular alpha, but he was not the Prince, clearly a beta Layle believed, the only thing he shared with the Prince is the blonde hair and simple resemblance.

That beta stood tall wearing a simple formal clothes not fit for the event, not even wearing a page, Layle wondered how he could be allowed to be here, maybe he snuck in.

There is something that annoyed Layle about that beta, he looked young, maybe the same age as him, but that beta was taller, even appeared more manly than him, Layle wished that this man would stop growing from now on. His alpha pride was hurt badly.

He wondered if he can be jealous of Keith for the same reasons, but he loved Keith dearly, still he wondered.

Then there was a tap on his shoulder, he turned and met eyes with Prince Alex, the actual Prince this time. They shake hands, and Layle even went for a simple hug.

"Layle, let's get out of here." Prince Alex said with a happy tone.

Layle nodded, but then he remembered the beta whom he turned his head to look for, but the beta was gone.

They entered a spacious room, Prince Alex wanted to hide there till the end. He sat on a chair so comfortably.

Layle looked around the luxury that surrendered him then said, "Even though I want to hide here too, but I think we're going to be in trouble."

"Don't worry, my uncle Prince Alfred gave his approval, and your dad won't be mad if you are with me."

The Prince said amusingly, even though he makes fool of himself most of the time, but he knows what's going on around him, he knew Layle was dragged here by his father to strengthen his relationship with him. Still Layle couldn't help but to wonder sometimes, how this man in front of him is actually the Queen's grandson and soon to the king after his father.

"Say Layle, have you ever slept with an omega?"

Layle was marveled for few seconds, that Prince in front of him is still a teen, but with no many friends to talk about these kind of things, he understood him.

"Yes, last year. But I kept it a secret from everyone." He answered honestly.

"Why?"

"I did not want my best friend to find out."

"Why? Isn't that natural?"

"Yes, but I wanted him to think of me as a person who is about feelings not lust." 'Even though Keith slept countless times with May,' he thought with sorrow crippling him. God, how much he hated May for that.

"Is he pretty? Your friend?"

"Hah? Well.. yes, but he would kill me if he hears me say that, haha."

"I thought omegas love been called pretty."

"What? Omega?" Layle was taken aback. But Keith is a beta.

"I figured you are interested in your friend, your pheromones are saying that. But please restraint yourself." The Prince went back to his formal mode.

It was the right thing to believe that his love interest was an omega, or else how could an alpha falls for someone who isn't an omega.

He should really meet with Keith when he comes back, he thought 'to make sure he is truly a beta.'

—————
* Hello Alex from BETAS ;)