Chapter Two: The First Incident(But Also Halloween???)

Date: October 31st, 1865

Rann was sitting in the library, reading quietly. He was having a slow day, Billiam was out of the house attending business who knows where. Getting tired of reading he walked to one of the servant's bathrooms and stared into the mirror, he wasn't paying attention to his reflection. But as soon as he saw the tinting of another eye color he looked up, "Ah! Hello! Finally you payed attention to me!" The reflection's voice stated in his head, "Who.. who are you?" Rann asked, his gloved hands resting on the sides of the sinks, "My name's Rani! I'm the guardian of time. Or god, y'know I forget!" Rann stared at the reflection and just stared, "Why are you appearing to me?" Rann asked watching as the reflection scratched his forehead.

  "Well I didn't mean for us to meet like this, I was more so planning for you to find me one day when I figure out how to make hallucinations happen." 'Rani' stated, sighing he rest his arms on the sink in the reflection. Rann gulped, "RANN!" The butler's head peaked up, "Well then, See ya friend!" Rani said as Rann walked off.

   Rann walked down to the main area of the mansion, "Yes My lord?" He asked folding his arms neatly in front of him, "Since it's what the peasants call 'Halloween'.. I have a feeling my Estate will be a location to 'Trick or Treat' at.." Billiam stated as he handed a bag to Rann, "Your costume. I want you to trick every child coming here." The Butler nodded, "Yes sir." Billiam walked away.

Rann sat in the same servant bathroom he was before, he was taking a shower, "Y'know I don't think he was thinking when he chose your costume, Rann." Rani stated, "Uh huh? How so?" The younger replied, "Well for starters this is a demon costume, and it vaguely resembles me.." Rani went on about how the costume resembled him, Rann just sighed and changed into it.

Billiam walked in and stared at the head butler, "Turn around moron." Rani said, "Hm? Oh hello master Billiam." Rann looked at the older male, he was in a weird costume, "He looks like my.. old boss.." Rani said, his voice breaking off into the void of voices in Rann's head, "I thought you could use help with the make-up for the costume." The younger let him do his makeup and turned to look at his reflection, "Wow, you really do look like me." Rani stated, floating around Rann's reflection, "Shut it." Rann mumbled, "What was that, butler?" Billiam was looking at his clawed glove, "Nothing sir, you did an impeccable job."

The man behind him straightened at the comment. And so they went on about their day, soon the "trick or treating" time came around and Rann was stationed outside and blended in with the door. He made sure to look like a statue, the lights in the mansion were off, Billiam was on the lawn looking like a statue. In fact he looked amazing, the costume looked nice under the moon-light. The children were trickling in slowly, and then the master of the estate sprung his fear-inducing trick. But he trickled candy into the bags of the kids, he hates kids but he sure does love Halloween.

Coming towards the door, Rann's head shifted a bit. A kid pointed it out, but the rest called the accusation a false one. They came to the steps, "Why hello children!" Rann called, the fangs in his mouth giving him a small lisp. They gasped, "I assume you want either a treat or a trick?" He asked leaning down to them, "Well, I've got one for you.." He then screamed at them, the moonlight giving Rani a shadow behind him. They screamed, Rann had given them candy.

After the Halloween activities, Rann had walked into the Estate, "Rann. How did you.. do that?" Billiam asked as he took his mask off, "Oh. I have a few party tricks.." He said as he took the pants for the costume off, his uniform bottoms were on under it. Billiam didn't press further, and went to sleep.

~
Words: 703