Chapter 10 | ᴄᴜᴘɪᴅ

When I get home, the kids were already back from Tim's. As always Nell welcomed me with excitement and a big hug. She's so adorable. I wish she'd never grow up.

"I'm home!!" I shouted.

"Hey darling.. have you had dinner yet? How's Maggie?" Helena asked from the kitchen with a big mug in her hand.

"Not yet.. I'll eat later.. and Maggie.. Well.. she's so happy to be here. She's so ready to explore London." I said while taking off my coat and throwing it onto the couch as usual. Bad habit, I know. I just can't help it. I'm too lazy. Besides, Helena didn't mind at all.

"That's great. I can't wait to meet her." Helena said.

"Well, maybe I can bring her here tomorrow. You'll be home tomorrow, right?" I walked to the kitchen and made myself a tea then sat next to her.

"Yepp.. I'll be home all day tomorrow." She replied.

"Alright.. I'll bring her here tomorrow then.." I said. "Anyway.. I'm mad at you!"

Helena looked at me in confusion. "Why? What did I do?" Sipping her tea.

"You didn't tell me that I was still wearing my pyjamas when I left this morning." I frowned.

Helena almost choked on her tea because she tried to hold her laugh but failed. The tea spilt everywhere. "I tried. I called you before you left the house but you didn't hear me. Soo I thought that's your new airport style. Since you're the fashion queen." She laughed.

"No you didn't. There is no way I didn't hear you. You must have done it on purpose. You let me embarrass myself by wearing that in public." I said.

"Don't be silly." She's still laughing. "I would never do that to you. Besides no one will notice that you're wearing pyjamas underneath your coat. People are too busy with their own lives to notice a little thing like seeing a woman wearing pyjamas to the airport. Also.. you still look pretty and stylish with that. So.. there's no need to be mad and sulking like that. That's not really cute." I rolled my eyes and sipped my tea.

We continued talking for like an hour before Helena put Nell and Billy to bed while I was having my late dinner. When she was done, she came back to the kitchen and just accompanied me until I finished eating. As the conversation goes, we moved from the kitchen to the living room and then to the bedroom. I told her about my friendship with Maggie. Our stupid memories back in my hometown. I also told her about Maggie and her ex-boyfriend. And without us realising, it was almost midnight already. We decided to go to sleep because I needed the energy to give a city tour to my best friend.

The next morning, Helena woke up first and made breakfast. I woke up a moment later and quickly got ready to drive the kids to school and then meet Maggie.

Around 7.15 AM the kids were done with their breakfast. We left right after that. The first stop was school and then I drove to my place but before I got there, I decided to buy a cup of coffee and a sandwich for Maggie.

She was still sleeping when I arrived. So I woke her up.

"Magz.. wake up!" I shook her body gently.

"Hmmm.." that's the only response I got.

"Heyy wake upp.. I thought you want to look around London.." I said still shaking her body, harder this time.

"Mhmm.. five more minutes!" She said sleepily. I rolled my eyes and gave her more time to sleep, it was still early anyway.

I went to the living room, lay on the couch and started watching YouTube videos on my phone. About ten minutes later, Maggie came out of the bedroom.

"Morning!" She said while yawning. Her eyes were still only half open. "Why did you come so early." She moved my feet from the couch to make room for her to sit.