Chapter nine

Xingqiu, Xiangling and Chongyun met in the early morning in front of the Wansheng Funeral Parlor.

They decided to go together at the cemetery to visit Hu Tao's grave: even though she's dead and not at the same time, they still felt bad for going there only for research and not to pray for their deceased friend.

Yet, something weird was happening at the Parlor.

The whole place was covered by talismans used for exorcism.

"OH! So that's why Chongyun wanted this to be the place of the meeting?" Xiangling asked, looking at her friend.

"Exactly. I heard rumors about strange noises in there at night. Like if there was someone writing, singing, running or walking down the halls. And not only that. They also saw familiar spirits appearing from nowhere...and they are familiar ca-"

"Let me guess YunYun, those spirits were the ones Hu Tao could summon, right?"

"Indeed. But please, don't call me that ever again Xingqiu. Only my mom calls me such and it's embarrassing as heck-."

"Awwe how cute tho."

"But you let your 'mommy' call you that right?"

"Well yeah cause she's my 'mommy'?" Chongyun said in a mocking tone the last word.

"Who said I can't be your daddy?"

"What..?!"

"I said. Let's ask sir Dandy."

"Huh? About what? And who is he?"

"Oh great Archons...YunYun if I'm teasing you that doesn't mean you have to lose concentration from what I'm saying while being serious."

"But not even Xiangling kno-"

"Guoba!" Xiangling screamed seeing her God-pet coming.

"I told you to stay home! Even I can't understand anything about this case so don't use your brain juice for this too..." and she kept talking to Guoba telling him why he shouldn't have done that.

"Ermm...So. Who is this Dandy?"

"That gentleman right there, he has documents and notices about what happened at the Wansheng Funeral Parlor. He surely knows what's going on a little more and better than us."

"Hello, gentleman, sorry for interrupting your work but if it's possible we would appreciate acknowledging ourselves about this sudden change of the Parlor's outside. Is it a problem if we take some of your time to fulfill our request?"

"Ah, not at all. Of course you can know more about this, at least earlier than the other citizens. Lady Nigguang gave you this special permission. Are you aware of this fact?"

"Yes, we are. We worked with her in person so we know what our rewards are".

"Alright then, allow me to explain..."

"Huh...So the rumors were true. It's like there's somebody in the Funeral Parlor at least once a day even though there isn't any possibility for anyone to even enter? And it all started since..."

Xingqiu stopped speaking.

All this started when Zhongli noticed Hu Tao's grave appearance.

And they knew she wasn't dead like they thought she was. Her vision flickers, and it hides in the owner's grave.

Even if he doesn't have any explanation for the question "How?", he has no doubts the grave was made by Hu Tao, and she's trying to hide everything about this. To everyone. Every piece of evidence was found without her purpose. Everything.