Chapter 26: Loki's Mission pt.1

Start from the beginning

.

(9 hours later)

Standing in front of a large Shadow Board filled with clues, Loki began to pinpoint the locations. Glancing over at each clue, Loki rubbed his chin as he pieced the puzzle together.

"The person who the dude talks about is linked to everything about the rituals." Loki mumbled, "But this person gave the dude a vague description of three other areas."

To help Loki find certain clues, the Shadow Board lit up the clues that he is looking for. A white light glows around the papers, telling him where each clue is.

"From what I can gather, the first clue hints at "abandoned village deep within Minlin's mountains". Minlin is pretty massive, so this is gonna take a while to search."

"..."

"I won't have enough time to explore all three hints." Loki grumbled, "I only have less than three or four days until she wakes up. I can't stop time, and I don't feel like taking the easy way out and using the Shadows to help me. So...I guess I can just go to Minlin for now."

Turning away from the board, the Shadows absorbed all of the contents and moved it into the Shadow Storage. Loki then used his power to collect all of the valuable evidence and store it away. Leaving the room empty with only furniture.

"I don't need this area anymore. Fill it up with rocks or whatever. Just make it so that this place is inaccessible."

Exiting the room, the Shadows copied the rock's texture and filled up the entire room with it. Burying the furniture and sealing up the doorway. Creating a dead end.

"Minlin...since I've been there once, I can teleport easily. But I wonder if Birdie will allow my presence."

(At Mt. Aocang)

Arriving, Loki carefully sealed his presence. He knew that Cloud Retainer would not allow him to enter her mountain without notice, so it would be best if he masked his entire body.

"Somewhere...deep within Minlin. Abandoned village..."

"..."

"Well yeah dipshit, there's a lot of them here. But...I guess I can go to the nearest one. As I recall...there should be one to the east at the bottom of the mountain."

Looking down, Loki's sight is blinded by a sea of clouds. He was high above the ground, so it was rather obvious that the clouds would be up to here.

"..."

"Sea...of Clouds...heh. Kinda reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles 2."

"..."

"No use dawdling on the past. It was pretty fun and all, but I got a mission to do."

Jumping down the mountain, Loki remained calm as he fell downwards to the ground. His black hair flew upwards as his clothes rattled against the wind. Reaching the bottom, Loki used his Shadows to break his fall.

Woosh!

"Thanks." He spoke, fixing his appearance.

As the Shadows retreated back into him, Loki brushed off the dust and continued on his way. However, midway to the destination, he runs into a pack of Geovishaps. Creatures made from Geo, vicious monsters that possess different elements, yet their attacks can cause shockwaves. But to Loki, they were just alligators who were made up of rock and could walk.

"You're in the way." Loki groaned, walking past them.

But as he came close, one of the Vishaps let out a loud roar and punched the earth beneath it.