𝘼𝙘𝙝𝙩

"It's time for

"It's time for... physical education!" the extremely buff gym teacher announced, flexing his muscles in the process.

How is someone this unprofessional allowed to teach at the school? Anya heard Damian think behind her.

"I'll divide you into pairs of two!"

A PAIR INSINUATES TWO PEOPLE! THERE'S NO NEED TO ELABORATE BEYOND THAT!!

Anya couldn't help but let out a small laugh at Damian's aggressive malding over such a trivial matter. It was a hilarity that could not be passed by. If anyone knew of his severe immaturity, he was sure to become a joke amongst the grade. After all, he provided a very calm and collected exterior.

"You may pick your partners," Buff Guy said.

She immediately shot her gaze over to where Becky stood. To Anya's surprise, Becky tilted her head to gesture to Damian, who was being crowded with a swarm of boys and girls alike asking to be his partner. He seemed somewhat flustered by the situation, unable to formulate a response to any of their requests.

Although her immediate reaction was to go in there and make him her partner, she refrained from doing so. Anya knew that becoming excessively clingy would turn him off from their relationship entirely.

As she was lost in thought, a familiar hand tapped on her shoulder. She was faced with none other than George Glooman.

"Ah, George," Anya smiled at him, "need something?"

"D-do you wanna be my partner?" he asked. "I don't think anyone really wants to pair up with me... haha..."

Anya felt a stab of pity for him. After the events that had occurred when he was six, he had gained a bad reputation amongst the students. So rather begrudgingly, she opened her mouth to agree when-

"Sorry, she's taken," Damian grabbed her shoulders and yanked her towards him.

"D-Damian?!?" George's eyes widened. "Ah, I'm sorry, I had no idea..."

Anya pulled away from his grip and turned to face him. "What? When did I agree that we were partners?"

He simply shot her a glare through narrowed eyes and dragged her towards the line, clutching her wrist tightly.

"George probably isn't going to have a partner now that you did that!" Anya protested, trying to pull away from his grip.

Buff Guy interrupted their squabble. "Hey hey hey, let's calm down, kids. You haven't even heard what activity we're doing today! There's no need to argue already! The fun has just started- KYEKYEKYE!"

With a laugh that did not fit his voice or appearance in the slightest, Buff Guy turned to the class.

"Everyone, for our first class we're going to be taking it NICE and E-Z! Get ready for hide and seek! You're going to be hiding with your partner, whoever hides the longest gets an A+. Get caught first, it's an F. Get caught second or third, it's a D. Get caught fourth or fifth, it's a C. Get caught sixth or seventh, it's a B. Eighth or ninth is an A and tenth is an A+! WOOO! Get runnin'! I'm going to be catching each and every one of you if you don't scadaddle. If one partner gets caught, the other's out too! NOW GET GOIN'!"

"H-huh?" Damian seemed appalled, but Anya knew this guy wasn't kidding. His mind was full of excitement about the thrill of catching them.

It's probably for the best if I just ignore the fact he's weirdly enthused about hunting down children...

"Let's go!" Anya grabbed his hand and sprinted into the woods.

The woods outside the campus were incredibly large, so there was nothing preventing them from running for miles without reaching the edge. Damian kept up with her and they kept on running for around ten minutes, not a word being spoken between the two.

Anya glanced to the side, aggressively trying to find a place to hide amongst the forest. Eventually, she saw a small divet in the undergrowth that they could hit into. The ground was hollowed slightly with a small hole underneath that could almost serve as an alcove, ideal for two people.

On top of that, it could be covered with leaves and sticks to make it more discreet, not that it was necessary. Slowing their pace to a halt, Anya let go of his hand, noticing that they were both slick with sweat. She quickly brushed it along the side of her uniform to get rid of the icky feeling.

Holding hands for extended periods of time is kind of a pain. Noted.

"Here," Anya gestured to the hole. "Let's hide here."

Damian let out an aggravated sigh. "Jeez, what's with you? Coming all the way out here and weaving around like that... we're going to get lost!"

"Well, you're the one who wanted to be my partner," Anya retorted. "I'm sure George wouldn't be complaining in this situation! He would just be grateful that I found a good spot for us to hide in."

"Tsk," Damian clicked his tongue in an attempt to hide his annoyance, "George this, George that. Let's just go in this stupid dirty hole or whatever. If it gets me a good grade I don't care."

"You should be nicer," Anya frowned, "and more courteous."

"What?" he sighed. "Should I go into the hole first? Is that the right course of action?"

"Yes," she replied instantly. It's not like I'm nervous about going into a potentially deep, dark hole... haha...

Rather begrudgingly, he squirmed awkwardly into the hole, grimacing as dust clothed his formally clean uniform.

"There's a bit of a drop here," he spoke once he was inside, reaching out his hand towards Anya. The awkward position he had contorted himself into made her laugh.

"Pfft," the 'Forger Smile' came out. "Not used to getting dirty, are you?"

"D-don't laugh at me!" he spluttered, still not retracting his hand. "But seriously, you should take my hand. You're definitely going to slip and fall if you don't."

Going from acting like a massive jerk to being kind like that, it's unfair...

She gently placed her hand in his and crawled into the hole, hoping that he wouldn't notice the tinge of red on her cheeks.

Hi everyone,

I lowkey feel bad for George sometimes... but I will probably post the next chapter pretty soon! :) I'm excited to write this, as (spoiler alert) they are going to get lost and have to find their way back. Hope you all are having a great day! <3

Definitely didn't forget to change the title.. ahha..

Love,

Wasabi