Chapter 79

Despite the fact that Quirks were forbidden to use, students like Mashirao, Tsuyu and Toru naturally could not do without them. They stood on the same field as yesterday, only this time All might was supervising them. When he gave the start signal this time, they all struck out immediately. It was as if they were more willing to use their bodies in battle than the Quirk and Kaede could only agree. Mashirao threw himself on top of her and tried to put the handcuffs on her that would eliminate a student, but she would not hold still. She picked herself up and kicked, even though the kicks had no effect against the tail. He kicked her in the side, probably harder than intended, and as she rolled ungently across the field she took the opportunity to disappear from Mashirao's sight. "Let someone else take care of him." Among 20 students, half of whom had already been eliminated, she had a good overview. Izuku was doing well in his fight against Mezo. He was small and agile, and he had strength, even without Quirk. Kyoka had somehow managed to get between Eijiro and Katsuki's fight. The two wrestled with each other in the dirt after burying the girl underneath them. "Toru, you shouldn't just hide all the time!" Through the sand in the air, Kyoka had found the invisible girl and was running towards her. Shoto had just cuffed Tenya when Kaede decided to run towards him. He turned at just the right moment to narrowly avoid a blow. "Good reaction time." "With you, I need more than that." He grabbed her arm and twisted it while at the same time already pulling out the handcuff. "Not with me." Before he could think, she twisted the handcuff in his hand and cuffed him with it. He stared at it. "Did you just cuff me with my own handcuff?" "Looks like it." He shook his head with a smile as he walked off the field waving. "It's always you..." "Always me."

Eijiro just turned Katsuki onto his back and angled the boy's hand behind his back when Kaede stopped, hands crossed in front of her. "You know, now would be a good time to use yesterday's trick. Turning hips, already forgotten?" "Shut up." "Well done Eijiro, finish it." The handcuff clicked. "You know bro, with your Quirk I have a disadvantage against you in close combat, but that was really enjoyable." "Tch. Of course, now I've lost if I can't use my Quirk. Stupid practice." Kaede smiled and walked over to Eijiro. When it clicked again, all three looked around. Kaede had cuffed Eijiro with the other half of Katsukis handcuff. "See, now you can leave the field together." "Kaede! That was mean." "Why did you tie me up with Shitty hair!" "Bye." Even though they had both complained, they grinned as they walked back. "Why are you smiling Bakubro?" "Shut up shitty hair." "Yeah yeah. I know exactly why."

...

"We're off, Aizawa's not here, so what do we do?" "We still have to catch up on our shopping day. I say we go to the mall!" No one had any objection to Mina's idea. A group consisting of Katsuki, Mina, Eijiro, Ochako, Izuku and Kaede got permission and left the UA premises.

It was as if the world was trying to tell the young heroes that they should not leave the sheltered grounds of UA. They had to go to the bank first. Eijiro and Kaede stood at the ATMs while Mina clarified something at the counter. Then a sound came from the upper floor. "What's that?" But the clerks had no answer to Izuku's question. Bakugo was already on his way to the stairwell. "I'll follow him." Concerned, the friends watched as Izuku and Katsuki disappeared. The noise stopped. "Did they-" A black mass stuck to the outside of the glass windows and doors, blocking the view outside. "EVERYONE ON THE FLOOR!" Men in black masks and heaps of firearms were suddenly all over the room. Kaede quickly pulled Eijiro down with her. "Shouldn't we help?" She shook her head. "We can't protect everyone in the room. We should wait until Izuku and Katsuki get back. But wait until I give a signal. I have a plan." She stood up and rubbed her eyes. Arching her back, she walked over to the attackers. "Please, please let me out, I'm scared!" "Ohhh, you're scared?" She sobbed. "Yes." "We can't let you out. The black stuff prevents heroes from coming in here. You can't get out until it's gone and it won't be gone until we get the money." "I can give you money! Please, anything!" He took her wrist and pushed her aside. "We don't want your money. We want the bank's money. Go sit in a corner and don't bother us." Then he turned to everyone in the room, "Stay calm. If you move or disturb us we will kill you." The employees standing behind the counter were led into a back room while the intruders took their places. Kaede still stood in a hunched posture. She stroked the attacker's leg. "Please I'll do anything!" He grabbed her roughly and pushed her to the floor. "We are not here to kill civilians, but we will do what is necessary. You don't have to do anything for your freedom. Be good and just wait." That made the situation more difficult. At least for Kaede. Those robbers were nice. They weren't hurting anyone, they were just stealing money. She crawled away, blubbering, until she reached Ochako. Just a quick eye contact and the girl understood what Kaede wanted. The moment Kaede held her breath, Ochako made her weightless. Kaede pushed herself away from Ochako and flew to the ceiling. She was about to push herself from above behind the counter when a shot rang out. The pain knocked her off balance and she gasped for air. All the guns were pointed at her. Three hostages further back, two with Eijiro . But there were four armed men in front and three behind the counter. The one who had shot at her must have had a special Quirk if he had noticed her. It was a shot in her upper arm, but she did not turn off the pain. She had promised. She gritted her teeth. "Now!" She sent pressure on the men. They were still half on the ground when Eijiro rampaged through them, knocking all the weapons from their hands, and Ochako made the four of them weightless and sent them upwards, while Kaede was already falling again. One of the three behind the counter caught her, for which she was grateful, but afterwards he tried to strangle her on the table. While she struggled, one held her legs and the other her arms. The left arm one hurt like hell, but she resisted anyway. They had gloves on, but she could have easily provided skin contact. There was only one thing that stopped her. She didn't want to hurt the thieves. They were simple thieves who had not harmed anyone and only wanted money, that did not justify destroying the entire spirit of these people with her Quirk. So she tried to fight back with her physical strength, while her vision grew darker and darker under the pressure of the three men, until she was surrounded by complete blackness.