Chapter One

Jessica stared up at the tall grey building. It had long windows to view the studios and the words Stonebrook School of Dance with the emblem of  star with a wolf howling in the middle. Her mother stood beside her. They were spitting images of each other. Long black hair, emerald green eyes and pale skin. They were surrounded by children of all ages. Young kids and toddlers with their parents, teenagers talking to each other. Most, however, were staring at the studio. The school had been enrolling students for weeks and there had been various auditions in another studio for the competition team, all in preparation for today. When the school would open it's doors for the first time. Now it did so. People gasped. Seven familiar faces and a large husky emerged from the doors, leading the rest of the staff. Damien Lisian, Olympic gymnast and well-known jazz dancer. Ellegaard Lisian, his younger sister, who had danced in many famous ballets such as Swan Lake and Gazelle. Magnus Williams, who had won awards for his street and hip hop dances. Ivor and Harper Reubens, who had danced in front of the royal family. And then the Lopez siblings, Bethany and Gabriel, who had won platinum at almost every competition they'd competed in. People then clapped and cheered. Bethany went a little red in the cheeks but soon recovered herself. She raised a hand for silence. A hush fell over the crowd.
"Thank you," She said, "Before we begin classes, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for making the opening of this school possible. Now, I would like the toddler and young children to far left, children from ten to thirteen beside them, non competition students fourteen to seventeen on the right and the competition teams to follow me."
She and the other famous dancers turned and left. Jessica quickly said goodbye to her mum and followed. The interior of the studio was very welcoming. Leather sofas, TVs for the parents to watch the studios and another one to watch football on. The walls were light blue. Bethany led them to a studio on one of the top floors. She nodded to Ellegaard who stepped forward. She smiled,
"Congratulations all of you for making the competition teams. Regular lessons will take place until we receive news of a competition. Due to being the competition teams and therefore representatives of the school, you shall be taught by us seven. However," Her face grew suddenly serious, as did the other teachers, "If we do not think that you are up to the task, you will be removed from the teams. We hope this is not the case, judging by your auditions, but we are prepared."
Bethany stepped forward, smiling once more,
"As we all know, dance conjures magic. The more impressive the magic, then more likely you are to win a competition. The magic you showed in your auditions is already showing potential, however, we will work you hard to improve your abilities."
The students groaned as one and the teachers smiles broadened, a few even chuckling. Magnus attempted an evil cackle but all it did was make everyone laugh. Once everyone calmed down, Bethany resumed,
"While you will be worked hard, I hope you also have fun here."
And she directed everyone to their teachers, for the first of three hours.

Gabriel and Bethany, not having a class for an hour, spent time outside, walking in the nearby park. Gabriel squeezed his sister's hand.
"I'm so proud of you!"
She smiled, "Thank you, I didn't think I'd ever be able to do this!"
Gabriel chuckled. The woman raised an eyebrow,
"What?"
"You can do anything you put your mind to! Trust me."
Bethany smiled for a moment and then became grim,
"I just hope it will be enough to hold him off."