Epilogue + Thanks

En başından başla

A month later, another immortal came to visit them. Wei Wuxian had never known he could cry from the relief he felt at seeing his Grandmaster again.

Eight months later, the cries of a baby filled the silence of night as the pair welcomed their daughter into the world. A blotchy red baby, who latched onto her father's chest as soon as she was passed into his hands.

Lan Wangji survived. He spent days bedridden but he survived as he saw his Wei Ying sing their daughter lullabies, burp her after meals, sway her in the night- all the while following their every movement with a tired but serene smile.

Their daughter was named Wei Qiji, just like a miracle which she was. Everyone adored her. Jiang Wanyin and Lan Xichen were always trying to win the title of best uncle, bring her gifts and trying to make her laugh.

Lan Wangji lamented the loss of intelligence between the two adults while Wei Wuxian cackled in the background at how their little girl had the sect leader's of two main clans wrapped around her tiny fingers.

Even Lan Qiren was enamoured. Wei Wuxian has suspicions that the old man simply likes to act strict for his dignity, otherwise he is on with everything Wei Wuxian's daughter drags the man into.

And to think this man had a grudge against him because he was the son of Cangse Sanren.

Only Baoshan Sanren was untouched by the sudden silliness which Wei Qiji brought with her. She would take her in her lap and just look at her, the little baby staring back at her in wonder.

No matter what the baby was doing before, she loved it when her great grandmother made her lie on her lap, staring seriously; and then suddenly she would blink and poke a soft cheek which led to a tiny happy gurgle. Wei Wuxian ached for this scene.

He once told Lan Wangji how he sometimes thought of his mother in those moments, the look in the immortal's eyes so bright it brought tears in his own.

Lan Wangji wrapped his crying husband in his arms, pressing soothing kisses all over his face as he murmured.

"Maybe, A Ji came in our life so we could explore. She is giving us a chance to learn once again what family is and how a proper childhood looks like. She is a miracle, in every way possible."

Maybe, their daughter was here for that, to show them how a family lives, away from social bounds and rules, away from image and propriety, away from all that was for others and not for them.

After all, what is family if not souls with whom you build a home?

They have their home, their family and their life ahead.
The rest, they will face together.

♤♤♤♤****************♤♤♤♤

Qíjī奇迹: meaning miracle

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Thanks- because some people just made this story possible.

Taragirl96 for encouraging me to write. Without her I would have never thought of writing or publishing a story here!

Timecounter for your advice to separate the dialogues from narration. This helped me a lot and was probably the best advice which improved my writing in a great way.

SmilingInDark your comments made me so happy. It was like interacting with someone who has been through the story with me. Your words gave me many ideas and helped me move the story onward at a point when I was just thinking of deleting everything.
Really, thanks a lot. You saved this story in a way.

WY0508XZ0510 your comments are insightful and deep. I love reading them as they made me feel the emotions of a scene, brought out what I wanted to convey. To see a reader take out everything you have served in a chapter apart by thread and examine it like it is some treasure, thanks. I love it when readers understand and get the message I am trying to portray.
You got all of them. Your words are deep and I absolutely love reading your comments!

WeiWeiWei_95  for the amazing art in the story! Wangxian in marital robes is something I have many times but your art blew me away. Loved your work so much. Just absolutely perfect.

A few readers of mine left the platform as the story moved, we got some new people and lost some previous dedicated ones. I just hope this journey was as eventful and thrilling for you as it was for me. This story has many instances in which I projected, made the characters go through things I have experienced myself, all the while trying to give them all a closure. I hope I have done a fair job.

This is my first book, one which took me two years to complete. This is also my first time writing romance or any genre for that matter. I have no idea or empathy for romance, I just can't imagine it the way many writers can. So please be considerate and overlook the parts which seem horrible. Because my brain is horrible. At romance. So am I, maybe.

Thanks a lot for being a part of this and I hope to see you again in another book of mine, be it wangxian or an alternate universe storyline of these two! There might even be a sequel to this too if I get to writing that! For now take care and we will meet after August!
Stay safe everyone!

Note: I am slow in writing because I went through a few losses and upheavals in my life and need to set things through, so readers of my other book, I hope you all understand!

Last written: 1 June, 2022 - 26 July, 2022

Published: 27 July, 2022