Monster

A/N Let me start with a confession: While I know almost all of the stories on the prompt list, I feel I know none of them well enough for a retelling. This story is therefore mostly based on a plot summary I found on the internet. What I did find was that the original Dracula was written in epistolary form, which I found really interesting. That's why I've decided to keep that detail for this story. Enjoy!

Dearest Jonathan,

Dearest Jonathan,

How is Transylvania? I hear that country is swarming with the most beautiful castles... and with brown bears! Do be careful, my love. You never know what could happen in a foreign country.

I hope you are enjoying your journey. Although I must say, I still don't understand why you chose to take this job, so shortly before our wedding. Couldn't that Count of yours come to England if he's so eager to buy English real estate? I guess there's no changing your travelling nature.

You should know, Lucy has fallen ill. Fortunately for her, she's got her best friend taking care of her! The timing is both perfect and terrible. We're lucky it happened now, while the schools are out for the summer. By the time I have to go back to work, she'll surely be on her feet again.

On the other hand, she's just chosen her suitor, Arthur, who is now very worried about her. I bet this isn't how the two of them planned to spend their first few weeks together. Arthur and I are tending to her together. Hopefully, she feels better soon.

I hope to see you again soon. I miss you. All the best in Transylvania. Lucy says hi.

All my love,

Your Mina

Dearest Jonathan,

Dearest Jonathan,

Lucy isn't doing well. We've asked Dr Seward for help. It's awkward because he's her former suitor, but at the same time I know he'll do everything he can to help her. So far though, he has no idea what the problem is. He won't admit it, but he seems to be quite puzzled with Lucy's illness.

How is Transylvania? Have you reached that Count Dracula yet? I like his name, Dracula. It sounds very exotic. Is he as exotic as he sounds? I bet that would make it more difficult to seal the real estate deal.