A Blast From The Past

Start from the beginning

"Damn right," She chuckled and shook her head with a smirk, "Y/N breaking all the ladies' hearts."

"Yeah, right," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Don't try to deny it, you know it's true," Dinah's smirk just kept growing, causing me to laugh nervously as a blush spread across my face.

-

After talking to Dinah for a little while, I made my way back inside, since I had to use the bathroom. I stopped by the bar and placed my empty glass on the counter, before making my way to the bathroom.

When I had finished, I washed my hands and went back to the party. I walked through the crowd of people, but was almost knocked to the floor by someone bumping into me.

"Oh my stars, I'm so sorry," An all too familiar voice said and helped me get steady on my feet, "I didn't see you there, that's totally on me, I-" The brunette stopped talking as soon as she saw my face, her mouth hanging open in shock.

"Hi Hailee," I smiled, genuinely happy to see her.

"Hi.." The poor girl was still too shocked to really speak.

"What?" I chuckled and tilted my head slightly to the side, "Disappointed to see me?"

"Nonono!" Hailee practically panicked, making me chuckle even more.

"Calm down, Haiz, I'm just messing," I laughed, causing her to blush.

"I just.. I thought you were in London.." She said, clearly confused.

"I just got back this week," I explained with a soft smile.

"I see.." Hailee nodded slowly, "Well, I'm glad to see you.. it's been so long.."

"I know.." I nodded as well, "Let's catch up, yeah?"

-

Where do I even start with Hailee? Well, first of all, we used to date, but we broke up a few years ago. We ended it on good terms and we have been friends ever since, staying in touch as much as we could.

We had ended it because I had to move to a different state for my work, but I eventually moved back to LA. Even though we lived in the same state, we never picked it back up again, but I'm honestly not quite sure why.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her. I missed her so much, but I had always been scared to tell her. I didn't want to lose her as a friend, so I wasn't going to risk it.

-

Hailee and I spent quite a while catching up, completely forgetting about everyone else around us. Eventually we found ourselves outside on the terrasse, watching as the sun started to set, painting the sky in beautiful pink and orange colors.

"Oh my stars," Hailee said, her eyes glued to the mesmerizing sky, "have you ever seen anything this beautiful?"

"Yes, I have," I spoke softly, not paying any attention to the sky; my eyes were focused on one thing and one thing only, the beautiful brunette next to me.

Hailee slowly turned her head to look at me, sensing I was watching her, "What? Do I have food on my face or something?"

"No," I shook my head with a smile.

"Then what?"

"I'm just admiring the view," I said, feeling a lot more confident than usual, due to the amount of alcohol I had consumed that night.

Hailee's cheeks turned bright pink, matching the sky, "Thank you," She mumbled shyly, and avoided my eyes in that cute way I loved so much.

"Don't hide from me," I spoke softly and gently grabbed her chin between my thumb and index finger, turning her head to look at me.