8. Boyfriends

"I'm gonna miss sports day" Asher complained to his mother. He was sitting on a really uncomfortable chair waiting until the therapist finished with her patient so that he could get in and, if he was quick enough, out of there.

"We both know the only sport you do is going from your bedroom to the bathroom."

"And to the kitchen."

His mother looked at him with a frown. "Come on, Asher, take this seriously."

"I wasn't the first one to crack a joke in this conversation."

She ignored him. "You already knew I was setting an appointment for today's morning. I even asked you and you said you would be glad to skip school."

"Yeah, but that was before I knew it was sports day." Asher turned around so that he was facing the wall instead of his mother.

"Is that really the reason why you don't want to be here?"

Asher scoffed but didn't answer. It was obvious that he had at least five reasons not to be there:

   1. Charlie was acting strange and Asher hadn't been able to talk to him.

   2. Nick was also worried and Asher wanted to be there with him.

   3. Going there meant that he had to talk about how life was going and it wasn't well, as always.

   4. His mother would only worry more, he didn't want her to worry since she already had to       work last night and that morning.

   5. It was sports day which meant watching Nick and Charlie playing rugby.

The door in front of them opened and a man got out, he was definitely angry and yelling about how this was all b and he was going to complain with the manager, like it was some restaurant.

"Get in line" Asher whispered. He got up and entered the room not even looking at his mother.

His therapist was sitting in the desk, not bothered by the scene that man was still doing outside; Asher closed the door and the yelling got muffled. The woman in front of him smiled even more and gestured him to take a seat. Asher plopped himself in the couch.

"Hi Asher, how is it going?"

"Can we hurry up? I gotta go back to school for an exam."

"Okay, if you wish so. Let's start with the basic, how are you feeling?"

"Fine"

"Any interesting event?"

"Nop" Asher knew that while the question was innocent enough, it would get him talking, one thing leading to another and then he would be confessing every feeling he had.

"Are you sure? Birthdays, soccer games, a project?"

"Nothing, just a normal week."

"Okay. You know I hate to ask this but I got to. Any panic attacks, dizziness, strong emotions that you don't completely understand?"

"No" for the first time since he arrived at the office, Asher didn't think he was lying.

"This is cute"

Nick and Charlie jumped away from each other as fast as they could; Asher was standing in front of them with his arms crossed over his chest and leaning on his side in a wall. He was smiling and wearing daily clothes, he didn't have the uniform on.

"You scared the shit out of me" Nick complained.

"Where have you been? I have been looking for you all day!" Asher grinned at Charlie and walked towards them.