Chapter 14

The aura around me was blanketed in quiet fury, and my face, pale from lack of sleep was cold and merciless. 

My blue eyes were icicles, my lips pursed into a disapproving expression.

I was dressed in a royal, dark red gown, made of elegant silk, gracefully trailing behind me like the blood about to be spilt on the icy marble floors. 

When I'd found out my father was a killer, my heart had melted with misery. Then it had heated with anger, and then solidified and cooled into something cold and sharp.

As cold and sharp as the knife in my hands.

Several faceless guards were guarding the throne where my smug, git of a father sat.

No wonder Arian hated him.'

"Your daddy is not good!" his seven year old voice chimed in my brain.

For once, I agreed.

"Hello, Father." for once, my voice came out just the way I wanted it to, full of cool control.

"Estella," he said. He attempted to rise but I said. "Sit down, dear father. You must rest your weary bones after a long day of lying to me"

My voice cracked with rage at the last part, and I swung the knife very suddenly, killing the guard nearest.

My first kill. The guard fell gracefully, his arms splayed apart, like he was just going to sleep.

"Estella, what do you mean by this?"
His voice was bordering a shriek, and I laughed coldly, as I finished off the guards.

Father flinched. A look of fear finally passed his face, panic in his eyes. 

Finally, he's understood that he's the prey.

"Please, please Estella! Don't do this!" My father cried out. I stood before him, scarlet liquid dripping from the weapon in my hands. "Do not beg me father." I tilted my head. "I have no mercy. None for you." Forced on his knees, he was helpless. "Estella!" His voice boomed throughout the throne room. I approached him, a smirk playing on my lips. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Splattered blood covered his face from watching me slaughter his guards just feet away from where he sat.

"You've no idea how long I've imagined this. Over and over and over." I adjusted my grip on the sword, making sure to let him see his reflection. Horror pulled at his normally stoic features. Finally, a grin stretched across my face ear to ear. "You ruined this kingdom, father."

He shook his head frantically, squirming away from me. I laughed deep in my chest. "Now it's time to pay for the murder we both know you commited."

Fear was written all over his face. "Maybe a taste of your own medicine is in store."

My skin itched in anticipation. I strode forward, and his back hit the throne, allowing me to close the distance between us.

I barely stopped walking as I plunged the blade into his torso. His weak protests were silenced in an instance. 

His blood was warm on my hands, a silent comfort. He slumped against the marble wall as I pushed it deeper inside. All my pent up rage and fury drove inside him, and the light was draining from his dull eyes.

I drew his chin up so our eyes met.

"I hate you." I spat at him. "Have fun rotting in hell."

His blood was spread on the marble wall, a painting depicting his faliure.

I took the crown off his head, and I couldn't help but gaze at it in awe. This object that can control entire kingdoms. It's mine.

A rush of power filled me with euphoria, when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Prin-" Lelia stammered, her expression shocked.

She recovered quickly and curtisied prettily.

"What-"

For a minute, I felt anger. She had sided with my father to cover up his death.

Then I remembered my mother's advice. 

Be a wise and compassionate ruler.

I took her by the shoulders and smiled, a genuine smile. It had been a while since I'd done that.

She smiled back at me, and for a minute, I felt pure pleasure,

"Long live the Queen."