05.

don't delete the kisses; wolf alice

Mami got the day off today since today is juniors birthday, junior is my cousin on my moms side, he's my age now and my tia always tries to have me hook him up with max. he says that gringas are his type. if he wasn't such a player, i would consider it but he gets passed around too much.

today marks the 4 month anniversary of my fathers death. it doesn't even faze me that he's gone, it feels the same wether or not he's here or not.

as i'm helping my abuela and tias set up for the party, a chime is heard on my phone.

lucas:)
Hey Val!!

what's up?!

lucas:)
I was wondering when you wanted that date...

oh! well uhm i can't today because juniors party is today, you can come if you want! it's on story road, also tomorrow works fine for the uhm thing!

lucas:)
Yeah I'll be there! I'll get him a gift as well!

sinclair don't get him anything

lucas:)
You're not the boss of me😆

whatever🫣 i'll see you at 5 pm sinclair:)

"whos lucas mija?" i jump up in shock and embarrassment. "oh uhhh no one abuela! is it okay if he comes to the party?" my abuela smiles mischievously, if god.

"you were smiling a lot mija, i think this lucas boy is someone." she wiggled her drawn on eyebrows, god this is embarrassing. "don't you need to take your meds? go away!" we laugh it off as she walks to the kitchen, actually having to take her meds.

junior started to walk towards me, his intentions don't seem well. i just wanted to be unbothered from him for just one hour. "valeria is max coming??" he lifted his eye brows and started doing a fuck boy face.

"get out of here junior!" i pushed him away, pushing him aside to his room.

it's finally 5 and i make my way to val's aunts house. i bought junior his favorite candy and bought him a camera because i remember val mentioning him loving photography.

when i go to knock the door, what seems to be valeria's uncles show up. "whos he?" a bald one says, he has tattoos all over, he even has a tear drop. oh god.

"it's val's "friend," he's staying for the party mijo." valera's abuela says from behind shooing her uncles away.

abuela then hugged me tightly giving me kisses on the cheek. "good to see you mijo! i'll tell valeria you're here." she then welcomed me in and the uncles watched me like a hawk. the gray haired one pulled me aside, this is where i got scared.