He bend down to kiss her head. She blushed red, hearing others laugh at her red face including Manik.

Since Raj was only needed there to sign a document, he left early while Manik was stuck between the clients

They really wouldn't stop asking questions even when he had explained them the same point thrice. He didn't know if it was his desperation to go home speaking or he was genuinely irritated. The former seems to be the case but then, who cared?

He only wanted to reach home.

Fourty five minutes later, Manik finally wrapped up the meeting. He shook hands with the clients and dropped them near the elevator before turning to Aman.

Manik: I will leave too, Aman. Make sure you complete all the work before leaving. Email me the reports by evening.

Aman: Sure, Sir.

Manik turned around to go with a nod when Aman called him from behind.

Aman: Sir, why don't you wait for the rain to settle outside? The weather doesn't seem good.

Manik fell silent, thinking about it. However, the moment his phone beeped and he received a text from Nandini, he was already reconsidering his decision.

"When are you coming back?"

He chuckled and typed back.

"Coming in half an hour, Mam."

Manik: No, I will go. Nandini is waiting. Doctor said her delivery could be due any time now. I have to be there.

Aman nodded, agreeing and walked inside while Manik too walked out of the building while checking Nandini's message simultaneously.

She sent him the laughing emojis, kissing emojis and a big beating heart. Manik laughed out loud and sent her the same heart before sitting in his car and driving home.

The rain was heavy and the roads were packed with loud vehicles. Manik was only fifteen minutes away from home. He chuckled, remembering the conversation with Nandini from before. His mobile beeped indicating a message and Manik looked down for a second, dismissing when he saw it was some stupid offer from a company.

He looked at the road again and all of the sudden, a ball came rolling from the side and settled in the middle of the road out of nowhere. But it wasn't what worried him.

What worried him was the toddler who was running after the ball in the middle of the road, amidst the heavy traffic.

Shit. Panick filled him in seconds. The rain was already making it difficult to drive and the little one was too slow to get aside. He looked at the side, in case if anyone was coming to help the boy but all he saw was a woman in her early thirties trying to cross the road.

Manik eyes widened in realisation. He pressed the breaks but the car didn't stop. The breaks won't work. He looked at the road mortified and almost jumped on his seat, pressing the horn, or rolling down the windows - shouting, screaming and even yelling out loud at the people to get the baby aside and that his breaks has failed but nobody heard him due to the heavy traffic. The only sound that could be heard was of the vehicles moving, horns and the rain.