Crazy Pricks And Their Audacity

At the back of his mind, Raon wishes that he can get to go back to that mundane life he has with his father.

The way he could easily throw a tantrum and whine, and how Cale would only smile wryly at him and talk some sense to Raon's younger self.

"I'll get you something of it later, alright?"

If there are abilities that can make you regress, Raon is ready to give everything to that person if only he could fix his regrets.

But alas, there is no one.

"I said stand down!"

He wants to act coy and childish just like his age, not like a lieutenant general he is in the Rowoon military.

The wind started to pick up, a scowl etched in Raon's face as he glared at the soldiers threatening to kill the zombie behind him.

Red.

In the first six years of his life, Raon had always hated the color of red.

How that pigment would scatter throughout his back, inflicting unnecessary pain in his feeble body while he looked at the man responsible for his suffering.

Venion Sten.

The bastard was docile at first, then changed when Raon showed strong potential as an asset to fight in an apocalypse.

Even in this ruined world, people like Venion would always be there to add more problems and act high and mighty in a bitchy place like this.

"Stand down."

"Butㅡ"

Raon looked at the blonde man in a stoic manner.

"Raon-nim must have a good reason for bringing an undead. I trust him so stand down."

The soldier was hesitant at first, but orders are orders so he deactivated his own ability.

Raon sighs before he beckons Rosalyn to stay close to him. Walking slowly at the entrance, he kept his head high and his look straight, not minding the hushed murmurs and pointing fingers towards him.

This is fine. He's used to it by now for being the youngest lieutenant under Alberu.

'If dad is alive, he would be a commander since he's a tactician in our previous camp.'

Raon then passed by at the soldier earlier, his hand traveling to the latter's shoulder to give him a pat.

"You did good being wary. Keep up the good work, Hilsman."

He sent him a small, jovial smile, making Hilsman return the gesture.

"I'm just doing my job, Raon-nim."

In a split second, the smile in his face vanished before continuing his walk towards the medic room. He would stop to look every now and then to see if Rosalyn is keeping up with him.

She is, much to his delight.

"After this, we're going straight to Choi Han's office. You can practice speaking once you recovered your tongue."

"Grah."

Raon opened the door to the medical room, instantly seeing Pendrick running around, tending to a bleeding man writhing in pain in one of the beds.

"Goldie gramps!"

"Gweruh?!"

The fifteen year old immediately whipped his head in shock to look at Rosalyn who seems to know the man in the bed.