13 - The guy in the forest

"Bye Guys!" Eliza calls out to us as we set off to put Zed's Prawn proposal in action. We keep walking past road after road trying to decide what place would be best to start. When we found a spot the bus should go by we started to put the signs up.

I am in charge of sorting out the first three words. I get the ladder and tie the string for them and make sure they are tight but not too tight they don't fall to show the words. I am just about to finish the last string when I hear Zoey speak up.

"When do I throw the confetti?" She asks Zed with excitement. "You'll know." He is currently tightening light bulbs on the ladder to show the way. "Just throw them when you think you need to throw them Zo." I smile at her and tie the final knot. "Hey I'm done so I'm gonna take a walk in the forest. Shout me when you're done." I inform them and start to head in the forest for a walk. "Okay will do!" Zed shouts to me.

I walk past the trees to find a small area I can just sit and think for a bit. I put my hands in my pockets and just walked. A few minutes later I find a little open area and sit on the ground against a rock.

I'm happy for Zed and Addy. I really am but sometimes I just wish I could have someone who loves me the way they love each other. Or someone who would look at me like i'm the only person in the world. But sadly I do-.

My train of thought stops half way because of a sound. I look around frantically at the trees and bushes but see nothing. Maybe I'm hearing things? Probably just my Z-band glitching again. I sigh and look at the floor but then I hear a twig snap again. I stand up and spin around. There is no way I am hearing things. I have very good hearing and heard it twice. I turn back around, facing the way I came as I get a wift of pine wood and citric. It doesn't smell too bad actually. I can tell it is someone though. There is no way that can be a natural smell for a forest but I just don't know who...

Suddenly I hear someone behind me and stop. "You know it's rude to sneak up on someone." I say and turn around slowly to see a guy around my age standing on the rock I was just leaning on.

"How did you know I was here? Uh... doesn't matter." He rubs the back of his neck then jumps down in front of me. "Who are you and what are you doing out here?" I crossed my arms showing no emotion. I don't know who he is. He could be a cute killer in the forest. I mean he could be a creepy.

"Well I could ask you the same thing. But I'm Wyatt." He gave me his name surprisingly quickly then walked around me to stand in the more open space. I raised a brow and look at him up and down.

"Okay but what are you doing out here?" I ask again. I do not have the time for this. I really should find my way back to Zed.

"How about you give me your name then I'll consider telling you what I'm doing out here." He crossed his arms. It kinda looks like he's challenging me. To what I don't know.

"Okay. Fine." I fold my arms and look him dead in the eye. "Zoey." I didn't break eye contact once. I didn't want him to know I was lying and I don't want him to stalk me. I can just feel my heart beat increasing as I watch him inspect me. This is so weird. A random boy shows up behind me, wearing a kinda cool outfit and wanting to know who I am? This has got to be a joke. This would not happen in real life.

"Well Zoey, if that is your real name, It was nice meeting you but I really have to go now. So bye!" And with that he leaves. I look at the place where he was, frozen. Well that was interesting.

All of a sudden I can hear someone else. "Zed! Zed?" I turn to the side and see Addison coming towards me.

"Addy? Is that you?" I shouted towards the voice. Addison then spots me and runs up giving me a big hug. I notice that her jacket got ripped on the side as she was holding her arm. "Omg Addy! How was the cheer camp?"