Chapter 1

Crystaldawn lay still, his eyes peeked amongst the river. He stretched a single, beige paw out, gently caressing across the small waves that passed. The water was a deep blue, with gleaming pieces. A bird faintly twittered to his right, as he lashed his tail side to side, seeming at peace.

But, as long as he has befriended Swiftstorm, Rosebelt and Bramblebush, peace was never an option.

Suddenly, a sharp whistle of the wind fell onto him, as a round shape dropped next to him. He folded his ear, listening closely as the rushed padding of paws crept closer and closer. He inspected it, finding it as a fruit. Crystaldawn arched his gaze away with a grimace, shutting his eyes as the running of paws grew louder and louder, until suddenly...

There was a splash in front of him, and water dropped onto his pelt, dripping droplets from his muzzle. It was closely followed by an arch of mud, as pale paws halted beside him.

"Oh come on Swiftstorm!" The voice above him grunted. It was familiar, and easily recognised as rosebelt.

A white ear appeared from the water, narrowly followed by the rest of his white head, which was printed with black markings. The Tom was confidentially wearing a smirk.

"Welp, too slow! Good luck trying to get me now, dry paw!" He yelled back, forcing his paw up and slamming it back down into the water. The ripples sent down the stream, as rosebelt inched backwards to avoid any contact with it.

Crystaldawn simply gave a roll of the eyes, as the brown pelted warrior of Bramblebush joined him beside the river.

"Oh grow up you two!" She demanded. "Your warriors now, and you have still not gotten over your idiotic phase."

"We're not idiotic!" Swiftstorm insisted, scrunching up his face. "Uhhh, erm, you are!"

"Wow, I'm so deeply offended that I will never recover from this moment," she scoffed bluntly.

Crystaldawn and rosebelt exchanged a look of pure annoyance.

"Yeah yeah," he interrupted. "Now you're here, we can begin hunting like deputy raven claw told us to."

Rosebelt nodded in agreement, as Swiftstorm raised a brow.

"Pft, how old is raven claw? Has to be at least 78 moons," he said. "That Guy is as old as my great great grandfather. And plus, the fresh kill pile is FINEEEEEEE. We don't have to do anything yet."

"Swiftstorm. This is why you're 20 moons and still don't have a mate," Rosebelt snarled. "Now let's hurry up, the sun will be setting soon."

Swiftstorm pouted, before clambering out of the water as Crystaldawn rose from his paws. The two began padding off into the tall grass, as Bramblebush and Rosebelt followed closely behind.

*Woohoo gotta love timeskips*

"Come onnnn! I'm bored!!!!!" Swiftstorm whined for the fifth time in a minute.

"Swiftstorm, shut up before I launch you into the gorge," Crystaldawn retorted simply, watching as Bramblebush observed the water, claws unsheathed.

The sun had faded away, darkness beginning to reign over the sky, as night settled. Stars were faintly becoming visible, and Bramblebush was refusing to enter camp without another fish. Her claws were flexed, practically grazing the miniature waves.

"You couldn't do anything with those puny paws," he protested.

"Puny? Oh, I'll show you puny," he dared, getting up and flexing his claws, as Swiftstorm did the same. Rosebelt stood in between the duo.