sixteen

soobin was annoyed. he wanted the 'date' to happen the next day, when they didn't have work. that way he could freshen up and wear something more casual. he wanted to dress up in a date style so that it could feel more romantic, he even asked his friends about it.

he also wanted to see beomgyu in normal clothes. he'd only seen him like that a few times, but lord. it was so, so attractive. but alas, things didn't work out. he had to go to the movies with beomgyu in that boring old suit. at least he could go with him, at least he said yes. it could've been worse. he took off his suit jacket so it was at least a bit different.

"beomgyu? are you ready?" he asked, peeking the door open. "yeah, yeah let's go." he smiled, just finishing typing something and shutting his laptop to get up and follow soobin out.

"isn't your house on the way?" soobin hummed and nodded while he clicked his seatbelt. he started the car. "well why don't you change? i'm sure wearing that is uncomfortable, during a movie at that." soobin looked over at him in between glances through the back window, he reversed out the parking lot. "that's a really good idea. but you're wearing the same thing, are you not?" beomgyu nodded as he fiddled with his fingers. "my house is far. just change, it won't take long will it?" soobin sighed as he drove through the garage and out onto the street. "i will then."

he parked the car right outside of the driveway as he looked beomgyu up and down. "i'll be right back." beomgyu nodded and went on his phone as soobin left the car. he watched him walk up to the house. god, the guy was so so attractive.

a few minutes later, and soobin came out wearing a white tee under a flannel jacket and ripped jeans. beomgyu stared at him through the window. he looked different. his hair wasn't as tidy, and his clothes were relaxed. he looked like a man, like one that beomgyu would see and think - wow, he's really hot. which is what he did think. it wasn't like he hadn't ever seen the man in normal clothes. but it was different this time. he didn't hate him this time.

soobin opened the door and stared back at beomgyu. "i-is something wrong?" he said, handing him a bag. "no. what's this?" he asked, taking it from soobin's fingers and looking inside. "clothes. go change, it's the third door on the left."

beomgyu stared at him again. "change?" soobin nodded, like it was totally normal. "do you fit in a medium?" beomgyu awkwardly smiled and nodded before walking out the car and into soobins house.

he stepped into the bathroom and changed. the clothes smelled like soobin, weirdly. he never really noticed that soobin had a smell. it was nice though. very nice. he felt like a creep smelling the fabric, but something about it was so attractive. it was almost like just the smell was pulling him in. the clothes didn't fit all too well, but it wasn't too bad as it kind of just looked like it was purposely oversized. he put his own clothes into the bag and walked back out to the car. "it's too big, hm?"

     (that's what she said)

     soobin asked. beomgyu looked down at the clothes and back at soobin. "uh.. no. it's fine, thank you." he said with a grin. soobin stared at him adoringly for a few seconds, not noticing or questioning the ongoing silence. it was adorable to see beomgyu in his own clothes. his tiny body that he'd never really noticed looked goofy under the larger fabric. his glasses seemed to have bent a bit in the past few days, as they had continuously slid down his nose. plus his hair was styled so perfectly. he looked so innocent. it had soobin crumbling.

"soobin?" beomgyu asked with a laugh. soobin stopped smiling and cleared his throat, looking back at the road to drive.

     they were paying for tickets and giggling at the funny looking uniforms the workers had to wear. they look stupid. holding in his laughter, soobin passed the man his credit card. "and sir, are you aware of our couple discount?" they both stopped smiling and glanced up/down at eachother. "w-we're not a couple." he laughed awkwardly and the man nodded, swiping his card and giving it back to soobin. beomgyu walked next to soobin, holding his drink a little confused. do we look like a couple? would we look good together if we were?

     "..what's wrong?" soobin asked. beomgyu had been staring off into space the whole walk into the theatre. he looked over at soobin while sitting down and nodded with a smile. "nothing! i'm good, great." soobin smiled back, sitting next to him eagerly. he had hoped something would happen. maybe he'd have a chance to flirt, but anything was fine. anything he could do to make beomgyu's heart flutter was acceptable.

      beomgyu crossed his legs and arms. that disappointed soobin because he was looking to 'accidentally' touch beomgyu. y'know, the hand in the popcorn bucket trick or the sides of their forearms against eachother on the armrest. he shifted in his seat.  worried that the date would end up being a boss-assistant relationship building task or something.

     maybe thirty minutes later, beomgyu had gotten tired. he ended up resting his head on soobins shoulder, forcing the older to shrink in his seat so that he'd be comfortable. he was happy. things were going well. beomgyu didn't care about what he was doing or how it'd effect him later, he just needed somewhere to rest his head. fortunately, soobin was the best thing. he reached to get popcorn, not noticing soobin was as well.

     the small bucket plus soobins large hands (and beomgyu's smaller hands) didn't give either of them much room. their hands were basically tangled in each other's. soobin glanced down at him. after mustering up all his courage, he fully clasped his hand into beomgyu's and pulled them out of the popcorn, happily holding his hand for the rest of the movie.