Chapter Eleven - Disconnected

Start from the beginning

We came to the restaurant and sat down at our tables. There weren't many people there so I thought it would be a good time to talk with him because we haven't said a word to each other since we met.

Tanjiro : So when you weren't in school, the teacher talked about a trip that'll be in a month. Will you go?

Muichiro : Maybe...

....

When we got our food I still tried to talk with Muichiro but he only hummed or just answered with one to two words. I understand that he went through a really traumatic thing but I still want to make him feel better... or at least make him forget about it for some time.

Suddenly I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Kanao and Aoi. Kanao ran up to me and hugged me from behind while Aoi just greeted me and Muichiro.

Kanao : Hey Tanji! I was about to call you if you want to hangout with us!

Tanjiro : Oh I am sorry but I am out with Muichiro.

Kanao looked at Muichiro and smiled annoyingly while Muichiro just had his head laid on his palm while looking at his food.

Kanao : Aww what a shame... well then... let's hangout some other day then.

She said and kissed my cheek before grabbing Aoi's hand and running away. I looked back at them before looking back at Muichiro who was looking straight in my eyes.

Muichiro : You didn't tell me you have something with Kanao.

Tanjiro : T-That's because I don't!

Muichiro : Why did she kiss you then?

Tanjiro : I-I don't know

Muichiro : It's fine, you don't need to lie to me... I don't mind... I think you are... cute together

I then stayed quiet. "Me with Kanao? That sounds like a joke, she's only a friend"

-----

When me and Muichiro got to my place I realized we were the only ones there. We sat down on the couch in the living room and began to pick a movie to watch.I suggested a couple movies and Muichiro picked one of them. I then stood up and went to make some popcorn while Muichiro waited in the living room.

Muichiro's pov

When Tanjiro left I pulled my knees in my stomach and began to think...

"After that thing with Genya happened.. I feel like I am disconnected from reality... why does everything seem so... fake.. so.. unreal"

....

"Why... do I always feel like this... I-"

I stopped thinking and grabbed my head. My head suddenly started spinning... again. It's always like this when I think about this stuff over and over again. My vision was beginning to blur and I began to get dizzy. I looked down hoping the spinning would stop.

........

"W-Why does my body feel like it's not mine... like it doesn't belong to me... why do I feel so out of my body... Why do I feel like I don't belong here?!"