Chapter Nine - Wrong Decision

Genya's pov - 8:30pm

It was already pass Muichiro's decision time but I still kept waiting. Suddenly, I heard my phone buzz. I looked at it and saw a text from Muichiro that said "Can I decide tomorrow?" Second later it was another text, but from Kanao that said "So? What did he say? I am getting impatient" First I answered Kanao that he didn't, that he's asking for more time to think about it. Kanao immediately answered with "Absolutely not! I want to know now!"

I sighed and texted Muichiro that I need the answer now. It took him a while before he answered. The text only said "You, I pick you"

Muichiro's pov - Next day

It was around 7am when I nervously waited for Tanjiro to come. I was worried how he would react about that thing with Genya. Soon I heard a knock on the front door, as I stood up and got closer to them while the fear of telling him just raised. The thing I feared the most was, what if he gets mad? Or if this will affect our friendship somehow...

As I slightly opened the door I peeked outside to see Tanjiro there. I opened the door wide and silently said "Come in". Tanjiro came in and began to take off his shoes as I closed the door. We walked to my room in complete silence and the only thing could be heard was our footsteps.

We got to my room and both sat down on my bed. Tanjiro finally decided to say something.

Tanjiro : So? What happened yesterday? Why were you crying?

I pulled my hands closer to my body and tried to keep tears from coming. I took a deep breath and stared.

Muichiro : I-I.. I was outside with Genya-

Tanjiro : YOU WHAT? D-DID HE DO SOMETHING TO YOU?

Tanjiro yelled out in panic while grabbing both of my hands. I quickly shook my head and said.

Muichiro : The day went fine... until he told me that he needs to talk to me about something important...in private.. so I followed him somewhere where he told me that... t-that.. he l-loves me.. and can't live without me... I thought I would maybe j-just pretend... so he won't do anything to himself but then... he said that.... he wants me to stop talking with you...

I stopped and looked Tanjiro in the face. He looked shocked. He didn't say anything so I decided to say something once more.

Muichiro : I had time to pick until yesterday... I said I picked Genya because I was worried he would do something to himself... but I don't want to stop talking to you... y-yesterday I didn't know w-what to do I just.. I-I..

I didn't finish the sentence. My voice was getting more shaky and I stuttered more by each word I said. Tanjiro sat closer to me and put his arm over my shoulders. Before he managed to say anything I laid my head on his shoulder and said.

Muichiro : I-I just... don't k-know what to do...

I wasn't able to hold the tears back anymore. Tanjiro noticed and pulled me into a hug.

Tanjiro : It's okay, don't cry... As I told you. Genya is a horrible manipulator. There is a higher chance that he's just manipulating you.... but if you think he's not joking... What do you want to do?