me walk again

-he was trying to motivate me

w/ a playboy magazine

I- well.. if it works it works-

-it didn't 🤦🏽‍♂️

dang... i'm sorry...-

-it's alright...

-i just have to hope something

works

if there's anyone who can beat-

the odds, it's you

-thanks parker :)

anytime :)-

i'll talk to you later-

———

"Miss Reyes! Can I borrow you?" one of the instructors asks. I look up from the inventory clipboard. Oh, it's Mr Abelardo- the one who helped me at the tournament. If there's one thing I know how to do after working at the LaRusso auto dealership, it's do inventory.

"Uhh yeah," I say, "is something wrong? Did I do something?"

"No, no, I was just gonna ask you to lead the adult class," he says. !¿Perdón?! I've never led an adult class... I usually just do the kids classes and maybe occasionally assist with the adult class but never lead...

"Lead..? Don't you mean-"

"Yes, lead,"

"With all due respect, what if they don't listen to me? I can pull the age card and the rank card with the younger kids but-"

"I'll help out, but I want you to lead," he insists. This is... this is insane... I hesitate for a moment, my heart pounding in my ears.

"Yes sir,"

—-

This has gone surprising well. I've had to be more point guide than in on the action and I can't demonstrate as well as I would've liked because of my ribs- which Mr Abelardo unfortunately knows about- but other than that, it's gone really well. It's now time for the sparring half of the class, so everyone is getting their gear on. Thankfully, I don't have to. Just as I move to walk away from the shelves where everyone puts their things, I see the screen of my phone light up with a text. I take a quick glance at the clock. I've got time. I check my phone. It's from Sam, in the Miyagi-Do group chat...

Miyagi-Do 🥋👊

Sam- Cobra Kai is messing w/

Chris at work now!! 😡

-we have to do something.