Qin Yi came back and secretly told Lu Lin that the labor fees in this place were cheaper than Forest Town. Originally, the villagers didn't show any interest when Qin Yi told them it was the magistrate who was hiring, but many people were willing to come after he mentioned that they would get paid on a daily basis, and the pay was generous, 25 cents per day.

It was almost late autumn. Lu Lin was eager to repair the house. Sha County was so poor that there was only a dilapidated inn in the entire county. Lu Lin was eager to move into the residence for winter.

"Uncle Qin, you're amazing! You found so many people within such a short amount of time," Lu Lin said.

Qin Yi smiled and said, "Thanks to Luo Wen. That boy looks very smart, I think he is a diamond in the rough!"

Qin Yi inquired about Luo Wen's background and found that the boy was pitiful. His father was killed in the war, and his mother was weak with sickness. The two of them always suffered hunger and cold.

Children of poor families managed household affairs early. Luo Wen, young as he was, he often ran around in the county, looking for work. Unfortunately, he couldn't find much work due to his young age.

When Qin Yi went to the countryside looking for help, he met Luo Wen. When Luo Wen heard that he wanted to find a group of people to repair the house, he volunteered to help out, but he charged a small fee.

Qin Yi had made some money over the years, he was willing to pay a small fee as long as Luo Wen could find him the right people. He was a bit frustrated that many people had turned him down as soon as mentioned he was hiring for the magistrate.

After meeting Luo Wen, it went much smoother.

Luo Wen seemed to be gifted with rare eloquence, he was just so natural when convincing people. With him being the middleman, Qin Yi soon hired a group of people.

......

Lu Lin bought a large number of bricks and the tiles to renovate the house. Although the County M magistrate's manor was out of repair, it was still very spacious with three residence areas.

Chen Xiao Mai also went to help with the renovation.

Chen Xiao Mai raised a large box that weighed dozens of kilos like a feature, startling others who offered to help him to carry it.

Lu Lin looked at Chen Xiao Mai and guessed that Chen Xiao Mai and Chen Xiao Mi had the same gift in carrying heave stuff.

Chen Xiao Mi was judged and despised by the villagers back then due to his strength. Lu Lin narrowed his eyes and sent Chen Xiao Mai away with an excuse.

Chen Xiao Mai who was looking for some compliment from Lu Lin got so disappointed, he just ran away unhappily with his cheeks puffed up.

Even though they had hired a lot of helpers, Lu Lin did not just sit around and order people around.

Chen Xiao Cai and the rest of them had all endured hardships when they were younger and they were all capable of hard work. Although the past two years had been better for them, it was not hard for them to work like a horse.

The first day went on great, they even managed to finish the work earlier than scheduled, the workers left the manor in the evening.

"Old Zhou, what do you think about this new County Magistrate?" Wang Er asked.

Old Zhou narrowed his eyes and said, "I can't tell for now."

Wang Er scratched his head and said, "I think this magistrate is not bad! He offered us such a nice lunch."