Chapter 2

Chapter 2: A Bold Bio

Chen Xiao Mi's grandmother held a grudge against Chen Xiao Mi for abducting her grandson and threatening her, so she didn't give Chen Xiao Mi and his brothers a penny when Chen Xiao Mi said they were going to live separately.

Chen Xiao Mi was dauntless and unyielding by nature, he didn't ask for anything when he moved out with his little brothers.

The other villagers thought Chen Xiao Mi was out of his mind, they didn't believe Chen Xiao Mi could support himself, let alone his two little brothers. They thought Chen Xiao Mi would struggle without the Chen Family, but what they didn't know was Chen Xiao Mi had been secretly saving up for this day, the money he saved by hunting was enough to support him and his two little brothers for a while.

Moving out from the family was considered a rebel behavior by the villagers, especially the senior ones. The Elders in Chen Family listened to Chen Xiao Mi's grandmother's nonsense and they detested Chen Xiao Mi so much that they insisted on holding an open trail for Chen Xiao Mi.

One of the two Elders who were the most passionate about the trial got beaten up at night, and the other had a mishap of food poisoning, he was on the verge of death due to the acute diarrhea.

Some nosy villagers who had been prying into Chen Xiao Mi's life or fishing for information reaped what they had sown, they would find dead mice on their sheets in the middle of the night.

Everyone suspected it was Chen Xiao Mi, but no one had the evidence.

Bullying the weak and fearing the strong was human nature, the villagers had been avoiding Chen Xiao Mi after a string of mishaps that befell on the ones who tried to find fault with Chen Xiao Mi.

Chen Xiao Mi wasn't bothered by any of those villagers, he just went his own way and minded his own business.

Chen Xiao Mi had hunted a tiger one year ago, with that he became the talk of the town.

Even the most experienced hunters would take flight on seeing a tiger, and yet Chen Xiao Mi had hunted one successfully.

Chen Xiao Mi had gained the name 'ferocious and tough' after that.

Chen Xiao Mi had sold the tiger for thirty taels of silver, he moved out of the cave that he and his brothers had resided in, he bought an old lady's small house in the village.

Some people from Chen Family wanted a cut from the thirty taels, they made a scene in front of Chen Xiao Mi's new house, and they had incurred a good beating from Chen Xiao Mi.

No one was surprised to see that, this Chen Xiao Mi was bold enough to kill a tiger, let alone beating some people up.

The Chens dared not confront the tough with toughness, Chen Xiao Mi's First Uncle had abducted Chen Xiao Cai, he still hadn't given up on the idea of selling Chen Xiao Cai for money.

Chen Xiao Mi immediately knew what was going on after he went back home.

Chen Xiao Mi captured Chen Jing and locked him in a cave in the mountain openly and brazenly, Chen Xiao Mi said Chen Jing would lose an arm if he couldn't see Chen Xiao Cai by the end of the day, Chen Jing would lose a leg if he couldn't see Chen Xiao Cai by the end of the next day.

Chen Xiao Mi's First Uncle sent Chen Xiao Cai back in fear. The merciless uncle who was willing to sell his nephew to a wealthy family as a lowlife, but he couldn't bear the thought of his son being hurt.

Chen Jing walked back home safe and sound soon after Uncle had released Chen Xiao Cai.

The First Uncle tried so hard to make that matter a secret, but bad news had wings, the villagers took delight in talking about this anecdote for a long time.

Some people thought the Uncle was merciless and some thought Chen Xiao Mi was even more wicked. They tended to avoid Chen Xiao Mi even more after that episode, and they started to see Chen Xiao Mi as a bane of the village.

Chen Xiao Mi was turning eighteen as well, he was anxious to get married as well. Six boys got married within one month after the law was enacted, but neither Lu Lin nor Chen Xiao Mi was one of them.

Three taels of silver was no small amount, the villagers couldn't wait to see what Chen Xiao Mi was going to do. They couldn't help but wonder whether Chen Xiao Mi would marry into someone's family or marry someone into his own family.

Soon there came the news that Chen Xiao Mi wanted to marry someone into his family, the villagers snorted on hearing that until they heard the betrothal present was ten taels of silver.

The villagers started to speak highly of Chen Xiao Mi, his little brother Chen Xiao Mai had always been ailing, he had spent so much money on buying medicine for Chen Xiao Mai, but now he was able to offer ten tales of silver as the betrothal present.

Ten tales of silver was a very generous betrothal present for a villager, but still there was no one willing to marry him due to his bad name.

The Lus, however, were intrigued. Lu Lin was known as the ill-starred son who had incurred tragedies for their family, so no girl wanted to marry him, even though some girls were convinced and wanted to marry him, the Lus had to prepare some betrothal present. They figured why not marry Lu Lin to Chen Xiao Mi.

Offering a betrothal present and receiving a betrothal present was a matter of more than ten taels difference.

The host Lu Lin was a very traditional man, he couldn't bear the thought of marrying into someone's family, plus he had heard Chen Xiao Mi's stories, so he committed suicide.

But the Lus had already received Chen Xiao Mi's betrothal present, they couldn't just watch the host dying, so they spent one tael on sending for a doctor. But the host had died, the Lu Lin from the modern days had occupied the host's body.