It's My Birthday.... Again?

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, it looked very nice," the girl said but kept on going. The box they were carrying must be heavy. She wasn't sure about their names, but she knew at least the girl's started with an A and the boy's a K.

"You go on in," she told Douxie as she rushed to help Shannon.

"Thanks," Shannon told her with a smile.

"No problem. Though, I can't help you rebuild it."

"Why not? Wait-" Shannon cut herself off as she saw who was behind her, leaning against the statue in the middle of the grass. "Is that your boyfriend?" Angel rubbed the back of her neck.

"Um, yeah. Kinda." She blushed and wished Shannon good luck as she went inside. She couldn't walk around before Coach Lawrence and Ms Janeth came, but she was close enough to hear Steve's gentle pushing of Eli about doing his homework. At least Steve really was starting to change, even if he avoided Angel like the plague.

"Hey," Douxie offered, putting a hand on her shoulder in comfort. "He'll come around. And if he doesn't, he's Steve. It's not much of a loss." Angel laughed and continued down the steps.

"Why don't you look around? The judging will only take a few minutes and I already think I know who's going to win" Angel offered, gesturing to the K kid's table. He had some kind of weird claw looking thing but it was better than a volcano.

"Alright. I'll see you in a bit, love." He gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading to the second level. Just after he got up there, Ms Janeth called her over.

"Ok, you two," Coach Lawrence said as he adjusted his hat. "Let's judge this stuff. I got pilaties at 4."

Mary and Darci, along with many others, got a C. Eli managed to get an A and she talked Coach and Ms Janeth to give Krel (Angel finally remembering his name when it was said to her) at least a B, which was hard considering that they didn't even go over to his booth. Angel stopped by as they graded the last project. Steve's.

"Where are you going?" Krel called after a girl with with beach blonde hair in a bun as she stormed off.

"Home to train!" She yelled back. "Even if it's by myself!"

"Is she always that testy?" Angel asked as she began looking over his project.

"Eh, only sometimes," Krel answered before realizing that she was poking around his project. "Hey, hey, hey! Back away! No sabotage!"

"Oh, I'm not sabotaging. I'm judging."

"You?" He laughed and she deadpanned. "Sorry, but I've seen the grades you've gotten." He realized that sounded bad and added, "You never hide them."

"At least I got the ones actually giving you a grade to give you a B."

"A B? They didn't even come over here!"

"Hey, they were gonna give you a C- minus because they couldn't tell what that was. What is it exactly?"

"A project I've been working on. Now-"

"And the winner is... Steve Palchuk!" Coach Lawrence announced, effectively cutting Krel off. "For his unique traffic cone volcano."