Chapter 9 - Nia Otome

Start from the beginning

He said while letting out a sigh. Syouji should really grow out of that [I'll leave it to the future me], mindset. It was getting to be a pain.

"Anyway, I'm here to honour my part of the deal." Sais Syouji's clone.

"Fufufu, I almost thought you forgot. I would have hunted you down if you didn't come to me. So, I take it you know where she lives?"

"I've been in her bedroom before."

"Ara, is that so..."

When Kurumi said that, somehow he felt like Kurumi was giving off a jealous mood as his left eye began to glow.

"Are you jealous of the second Spirit?"

"You are imagining it. Anyways, lead the way, clone-san."

"Whatever you say~"

Saying that, Kurumi touched his shoulder before he made a small jumping motion, bringing her into the <Spatial tunnel>'s.

[=]

"Nn~" Nia was sitting down in a chair inside the hamburger shop, pulling the straw of an empty cup up and down.

She already finished eating her hamburger and fries. They should have left the shop by now, but... it's been twenty minutes since Syouji went to the restroom.

Nia felt tired of waiting for him from that long.

"Nng~ It's not like I'm interested in commenting on others physiological phenomena, but isn't this taking too long? He's gone in there two times now~ Nng~ perhaps he's discussing with the control room right now?"

Somehow, Syouji was able to see through Nia and figured out that she could only fall in love with 2D.

"....It's no good after all huh? No, perhaps him too—"

She already knew she couldn't love a real human being. Thinking about it, Nia felt guilty about her behaviour towards Syouji.

But she really didn't mind losing her Spirit powers. If possible, she really wanted her power to be sealed away.

She figured that if it was Syouji, her saviour, even she would be able to open up her heart.

But in the end, the outcome didn't change.

It's not like she dislikes Syouji. Rather, she was grateful to him for helping her escape from DEM by attacking Neryl island. Even this date today has been enjoyable.

But it was useless. She could not open herself to another person.

"No matter how good the person is, as long as they're still a 3D human being... I just can't take it."

Nia sighed and she gently shook her head from side to side. As expected there's no way.

Just then, the sound of someone returning came from behind. It seemed that Syouji was finally coming back from the toilet.

"Aah, you're back boy. Well let's go—"

Then, when Nia turned her head, as her body felt as if it was frozen in time.

"Eh...?" Right there wasn't the person she expected.

Instead, there was someone wearing a worn-out mantle over his shoulders, his forehead and arms were covered with bandages. There was even a sword hanging from his hip.

He was a man that looked like some kind of dangerous. He had long hair and dirty looks. There was no mistake, he was...

"T-Tokiya? Why...."