chapter 6

The librarian watched as Daeun and Seungmin ran down the hallways to the library. He looked down at the comic book in his hands.

"This is getting bad..." he muttered before turning away and walking away.

-

"How am I supposed to know what's the plot now!!" Daeun panicked.

"Ok calm down, it could maybe magically went back to it's own spot??" Seungmin said.

"I'm more scared that someone will read it and it will get messy, most characters aren't supposed to know they are well a character." She said searching the shelves.

"Well since it's your favorite comic book, you should know what is the plot next??" Seungmin suggested.

Daeun stopped and went into deep thought.

"What is today's date??" She asked. "January 31st. Why??" Seungmin asked.

"I am pretty sure it's when he pasts out invitation for his stupid birthday party and in that same party, his mom announces our official engagement and as per usual, he makes a scene and leaves with Jieun." Daeun said.

"Wow." Seungmin said. "I swear, when I get to my world, I am burning the whole library." Daeun said taking a random comic book and flipping through it.

"Wish I can see that happen." He chuckled. "Well there is no hope that the comic book is here so let's just wish for the best."

Daeun sighed. "I just hope it is not in the wrong hands." Seungmin touched her head. "It won't"

-

"Oh my god!!" a boy ran into the class waving his phone. "I got RVSP-ed into Jeongin's birthday party!!"

A few of the girls groaned. "Why hasn't mine come??" "What if he forgot about me??" More phone notifications dinged and a few girls screamed.

"Are you not going to check if your fiance RVSP-ed you??" Seungmin teased walking to her desk. "You are becoming a frequent guest to this table."

"Can't help it, you sit like at the far end of the class." He said taking a seat in front of her.

"Areum ah!!" Jieun said walking up to Daeun. What does this bitch wants now. Daeun said looking at Seungmin. He gave her a look and she turned to Jieun.

"Are you going to the party??" She asked all smiley. "I don't have a choice do I??" Daeun said. "Well I didn't get an invitation..."

"Well of course he did not he is-" Daeun begin but Seungmin covered her mouth. Jieun gave the two of them a weird look.

"It's fine, it will come soon !! knowing him." Seungmin said smiling. Daeun pushed his hands away.

"Wanna go shopping later??" Daeun suggested. "I can't I have a shift at the milk tea store later." Jieun said.

Right, typical main character story, poor and the rich. Daeun pouted. Seungmin smacked her head.

"Ouch!! yah!! will you take responsibility if I became dumb!!" Daeun said rubbing her head.

"Did you forget we have a dinner together today??" He said. "Stupid."

"Oh right, that stupid thing." She said, unamused "Another time then, text me." Daeun said. Jieun nodded awkwardly and went back to her seat.

"I don't have a good feeling about this." Daeun said whispering at Seungmin and looked down at her notebook. Seungmin just looked at her and laughed.

-

Later that night...

"It's so nice to have everyone here tonight." Daeun's mom said well cutting up her steak. They were having dinner together with Seungmin's family and Jeongin's family.

"I know right, it makes us feel like a real family." Mrs Yang said smiling. "Once our Jeongin marries Areum and Seungmin marries Ari, we would really be a family."

Daeun almost forgot she had a twin sister in the book, she was currently studying abroad so there was barely any mentions of her.

Mr Yang stood up and raised his glass of wine. "I would like to make a toast." Everyone stood up and raised their own glass. "To our big happy family." We clinked our glasses together and sat down.

Daeun sat in the middle of Jeongin and Seungmin. Why did she agree to come to this, it was so boring. She stared at the pasta opposite from her. She really wanted some but it would be rude to just go over and take it.

Seungmin noticed Daeun staring at the pasta. "Appa, can you hand me the pasta plate?? I want some."

Mr Kim handed him the plate but asked. "From what I remember, you don't like pasta do you??"

Seungmin accepted the plate and placed it in front of Daeun while taking some for himself. "I felt like eating some today."

Daeun happily heaped some pasta on her plate, at least she could keep her mouth busy. Jeongin noticed the small action between them and looked away.

After dinner, the three of them was in the back garden hanging out, Seungmin sitting on the ground playing his guitar while Daeun and Jeongin were sitting on the hanging chairs with a platter of fruit in between them.

"This feels nice." Daeun said. "Like a real family." Jeongin said sarcastically. "Do you have to ruin everything with your jerkiness??" Daeun taunted back.

"I remember we hung out alot here when we were kids too." Seungmin said. "Yeah and Areum was basically begging us to play family where I was her husband." Jeongin said.

Daeun popped a grape into her mouth. "You were a jerk as a kid too." Jeongin didn't reply but just looked at his phone.

"I have something to do, if my parents ask me where I gone to just say I wasn't feeling well and left." Jeongin said. Seungmin nodded and he left.

As Jeongin was leaving, Daeun started punching the air, as if she was hitting him.

"Jerk." She huffed. "Bet you that he is going to find Jieun." Seungmin said. Daeun looked at him with an unamused face.

"Ok fine, I'm sorry." Seungmin said as Daeun popped another grape into her mouth.

"He is going to pass her the invitation in person, to make her "feel special". " Daeun said doing the quote unquote with her fingers and rolling her eyes.

-

"One brown sugar boba milk tea please." The customer said. "That would be 2700 won please." Jieun said while accepting the money and packing the milk tea.

The customer thanked her and left. As she was leaving, Jeongin walked in as she was wiping the milk tea dripped on the counter.

"Hello can I help-Jeongin??" Jieun looked up to see Jeongin standing there.

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Hey."

"What brings you here??" Jieun asked.

"Uhm, so you know my birthday is coming up and I am having a huge party soon and I just wanted to give you this." He said and pulled a black card with a gold ribbon to her.

Jieun took it. "I thought you had forgotten about me." She said smiling.

"Why would i forget about you?? I-" Jeongin said but blushed and looked away. "I-I will see you then." He said and turned away.

He walked away but turned around and asked. "Are you ok?? I hope Areum didn't push you that hard today."

"Oh, I know she was just mad, but we are fine now, don't worry." She said.

They said their goodbyes and Jeongin left the shop.

Jieun went to her locker opened it and held out the envelope in disgust. "He really thinks he is something ." She said before throwing it inside the locker.