chapter 2

Daeun did not notice that her every move was being watched by someone.

"She's quicker then I thought she would be." He said and smirked

-

"So if  I was playing as Areum.." Daeun said flipping through the comic book. It was a scene of them going to school, she flipped again and it was her pushing Jieun falling off the stairs and Jeongin carrying her in bridal style to the infirmary.

"Seriously?? out of everyone, the stupid villain, my least favorite character." Daeun said and groaned and slammed her head on the table.

"I really think you need to go to see the school nurse Areum." Jieun said from Daeun's left. Daeun raised her head from the desk and blew hair away from her face.

"I think i'm going insane." Daeun said looking at her best friend. The teacher came in and class started. Daeun took one last look at the book before putting away to pay attention in class.

In the middle of math class, their teacher came out with a very hard question and no one could answer it. Daeun rolled her eyes and raised her hand.

"The answer is X equals 63. If you move all the numbers to one side and X to the other, it would be easier to solve." The teacher smiled. "As expected from my star student." Daeun smiled sweetly and went to take notes.

I sound so pick me oh my god. Daeun thought. The readers must hate me very much right now. She sighed as she can feel everyone rolling their eyes at her right now.

"She's pretty smart is she??" Seungmin said to Jeongin while looking at Daeun. Jeongin looked at him up and down.

"Why??" Jeongin asked leaning forward to his desk. "Interested in her??"

"No." Seungmin said taking one last look at her before Jeongin. "Just find her interesting. Also, she's engaged to you."

"I don't even have any feelings for her." Jeongin said taking out his phone. "For the sake of my family's business."

Seungmin said nothing. Something about Daeun was just different to him today.

-

"That's it for today!! thank you class!!" the class greeted the teacher and Jieun came up to Daeun. "Areum yahhh!! do you want to get bread with me at the snack bar??"

"Uhm, I am not that hungry..." Daeun said. She really did not want to push her best friend off the stairs. Just then, her stomach rumbled and she bit her lips in embarrassment. Why must it be now?? She thought.

Jieun practically dragged her out of class. Jeongin and his best friend Seungmin was at the snack bar already, with girls gushing over them in the back. Daeun looked at them.

"Yang Jeongin, 17, son of one of the richest CEOs in korea." "Kim Seungmin, 17, bestfriends with jeongin since kids."

They look so much better in real life, Daeun thought staring at them. The two boys turned around and walked towards them. Daeun's heart skipped a beat, were they coming for her??

Jeongin walked towards Jieun and Daeun with two milk in his hand. It was her favourite milk. He stood infront of the two girls and handed the milk to Daeun.

"Thank-" Daeun said reaching for it but Jeongin pulled his hand away and handed the milk to Jieun. Jieun eyes widened and looked at Daeun, confused.

"Uhm, thank you??" Jieun said accepting the milk. Daeun looked at him in disbelieve, he just embarrassed her in front of half the school.

"Pfft, did Areum actually think that milk was for her??" "I know right?? Look at Jieun then look at her, Areum just leeches off her dad."

Daeun looked her eyes and stomped off, pissed that Jeongin embarrassed her like that. Jieun muttered an apology to Jeongin and ran to catch up with Daeun.