the loud chatterings of the high school boys filled the entire thirty-minute ride to saitama. despite how strong her urge to yell at them to shut up was, she knew that it would only tire herself out before they could even listen to her. noise is one of the things she hates to death, and talking is also one of them.

"kii-chan," kuuro called, handing his earphones to the manager sitting beside him.

kiiro accepted his offer, pulling out wet wipes to clean the buds, which made kuroo gasped in disbelief. "i let you borrow mine and you just did that right in front of me?" he whined, but kiiro stuffed his mouth with the meat bun she was eating.

"shut up, surō." she stuck out her tongue at him, ignoring his muffled complaints. she rested her head on the window shoulder and closed her eyes, listening to his playlist on his phone.

after a couple of minutes, the nekoma volleyball team had arrived at their destination. everyone got off the bus with their stuff. in the meantime, kiiro carried two duffel bags on her shoulders and was the last one to get off the bus with kuroo's assistance.

"i have to bring these to the gym," kiiro told kuroo, referring to the bags.

"i'll help y-" kuroo was cut off when a bus arrived at the campus - it was the karasuno high.

kiiro glanced at the boys inside the newly arrived bus. "go greet your friends," she said, lightly punching the captain's arm before heading to the gym.

as soon as kiiro stepped into the gym, all eyes were on her. she blinked a couple of times before slightly bowing her head at them and going over to the nekoma coaches, talking to them for awhile before placing the bags on the bench.

"hey hey hey, kii-chan!" bokuto excitedly greeted the latter, almost jumping on her, but he was held back by fukurōdani's setter, akaashi.

kiiro lightly chuckled, shaking her head as déjà vu hit her. "hey hey hey, bokuto-san!" she mumbled with a small smile, giving him a high-five with both hands.

"woah! she gave me two high-fives, akaashi!" bokuto exclaimed like a child, and his eyes were practically sparkling in joy.

"shi-chan." kiiro turned to him, to which the latter greeted her back with a subtle smile on his lips.

bokuto curiously eyed her up and down while holding his chin and his head was tilted to the side. "you've changed since the last time i saw you, kii-chan," he stated, earning her attention.

the raven-haired girl shrugged her shoulders. "maybe i did. i became nekoma's manager after all." then excused herself after to refill the water bottles and prepare the practice tops of nekoma.

it took awhile for kiiro to get every bottle filled up, and she placed each of them in the plastic holder before heading back into the gymnasium. the noises inside the place were extremely loud than they had been awhile ago, making her scrunch her nose.

she puffed her cheeks out before opening the metal door with her fingers, as her hands were occupied, but then someone fully opened the door for her and let her in.

kiiro looked up to the person to thank them. "arigatō..." her voice faded away as her eyes stared at the tall male in front of her with those similar dark blue eyes.

"tobi-chan?"

"roro?"

both of them spoke up in unison. their eyes widened as they recognized each other's nicknames. kiiro placed down the bottle holders as she wrapped her arms around his lean yet muscular body, smiling widely when she felt his arms embrace her tightly and the two of them stayed a bit long in that position. once, they pulled away from each other, everyone was looking at them, especially that familiar orange-haired boy and a blond setter.

"you're in nekoma?" kageyama eyed her red tracksuit, and she nodded in response.

"and you're in karasuno?" she grinned, making the latter lightly chuckle as he softly patted her head.

"i missed you," he mumbled.

kiiro went on her toes and squished his cheeks, eliciting a small 'oomf' from the male. "and i missed you too, tobi!" she mumbled as well, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"kageyama~ who's this? is this your girlfriend?" the orange-haired boy interfered the scene.

the dark-haired setter gently took kiiro's hands off of him in a quick manner, going back to his stoic look. "n-no, she's not my g-girlfriend," he stammered.

hinata raised a brow at him in suspicion before turning his attention to the smaller female beside them. "are! you were the one who was on video call with kenma last time, right?" he asked, receiving a small nod from her.

"woah, you're kenma's sister!" hinata exclaimed too loudly, making kiiro wince at his voice, and kageyama scolded him for being too loud.

just as she was about to stop them both, a ball came flying towards them. unfortunately, it hit the raven-haired girl. the bickering karasuno freshmen stopped, and the whole place went eerily silent when they noticed the dark aura emitting from the nekoma's manager.

they watched her pick up the ball before slowly turning around to face everyone with an unreadable expression.

"who was it?" her monotone voice echoed throughout the silent gym, though no one answered her as they felt too scared of her presence.

"kii-chan, it was kuroo!" bokuto yelled from afar, folding his arms as he glanced at the black-haired captain beside him.

kuroo's eyes widened in shock and betrayal. "it wasn't me! it was bokuto!" he defended himself, pointing at bokuto beside him.

bokuto only stuck out his tongue at him and pulled down his right eye to further tease him.

the two captains continued to argue with each other, not even noticing the loud stomping coming from the raven-haired girl. she watched them argue for a while before dropping the ball on the floor, creating a loud thud at the contact, which now captured their attention.

"the training hasn't even started yet, and the two of you, who are the captains and one of the eldest here, are acting like damn preschoolers!" kiiro scolded them, pinching their ears as the two cried out in pain and defeat.

meanwhile, everyone who was watching the chaotic scene sweatdropped and silently said their prayers for the poor captains, who were crying out loud.

"it's amazing how she kept them in control." sugawara nervously laughed.

his gaze went down to their libero beside him, who was staring at the raven-haired girl with his eyes were shaped in hearts.

"she's so cool and pretty. i like her!" nishinoya claimed.

"what are you saying, nishinoya?" the vice captain chuckled because of his junior's statement.

nishinoya looked back at sugawara with a determined look and he pointed a finger at the certain girl from afar.

"i'm going to marry her!"