Lu Lin looked at Yuan Bao, his heart thumping. Yuan Bao sucked his fingers and looked left and right, it looked like he was not tempted by the pancake.

Lu Lin looked at Yuan Bao and thought, 'Good job, boy! You are something else, a baby who is not drooling over food!'

Chen Xiao Mi who had been watching nervously finally could not hold his breath anymore. He started to call Yuan Bao and gestured for him to catch something from the mat.

Yuan Bao finally started to crawl thanks to Chen Xiao Mi's passionate calling.

Yuan Bao moved his chubby legs and grabbed a bunch of coins.

Catching coins was not a top choice. It would be regarded as profits-before-everything.

Lu Lin didn't mind that at all though! First of all, this was just a superstition, secondly, this meant his son was down-to-earth.

However, Yuan Bao threw the coins away after he grabbed them.

Lu Lin blinked and thought to himself, 'He has actually thrown them out? Money is like dirt to him, haha, good boy!'

After the Yuan Bao threw the coins away, he grabbed an ingot of silver. Seeing this, Lu Lin felt a little gratified and thought to himself, 'He thinks he is too good for those petty coins?' It looked like he was destined to make big money in his life.

Yuan Bao waved his hand and threw the silver out.

Qin Lang, who was watching from the side, couldn't help saying, " Yuan Bao is going to be a big shot one day! The way he treats money is amazing! He just threw away such a big ingot of silver! Does he know how many buns this ingot can buy?"

Yuan Bao then threw away the writing brushes, ink sticks, paper and inkstones, he couldn't help giggling while he threw them away, he seemed to be amused by this whole thing!

Seeing that Yuan Bao was holding a book and smashing it onto the ground, Lu Lin suddenly felt that his son was probably not scholar material.

After the Yuan Bao threw everything out, he grabbed the abacus and fondled it admiringly.

Lu Lin looked at Yuan Bao who was holding the abacus and thought to himself, 'Yuan Bao has picked the abacus. It indicates that he will become a big businessman in the future just like me and Xiao Mi!'

......

In the blink of an eye, two years had passed.

On the fourth year of Lu Lin's arrival, Lu Cheng Yu finally passed the exam and became a Xiucai.

When Tang heard that Lu Cheng Yu had passed the exam, she suddenly felt like the sky had grown bright and everything seemed to work out all right. The entire Lu family seemed to be able to hold their heads up high now.

Tang said excitedly, "Everything works out just fine!"

Xiucai were exempted from military service and corvee, their fields enjoyed tax exemption, and they could just greet the county magistrate instead of kowtowing. They got 2 taels of silver as subsidy from the government per year, and more importantly, it was a great way to enjoy vanity.

"Son, it all paid off, all sorts of ordeal you have gone through is worth it!" Tang said excitedly.

Lu Cheng Yu had failed so many times. There were many rumors in the village and Tang was under pressure as well.

Lu Cheng Yu also breathed a sigh of relief at this moment. He knew it the best how much effort he had put into his study. With the title of Xiucai, it wouldn't be a problem for him to have a home school and make a living in the future, but having a home school was not his goal, he aspired to become an official.