"Get out," he said lowly as I reached for two bowls. I froze as I began to pull them down, deciding to put one bowl back. I continued to close the cabinet door and then brought the bowl next to the pot, promptly grabbing the spoon and heaping the food into the bowl.

"If you want them to produce more, they need to trust you," I said, "and they need Daryl-"

"I said, get out," Negan repeated himself, raising his voice again. I smacked the spoon into the bowl with its final scoop and spun on my heel to face him where he stood, still gripping the countertop with his large hands. I walked over to him, setting down the bowl of macaroni and cheese in front of him aggressively.

"I do not want you killing anybody," I spoke hopefully, knowing that was invariably a possibility with Negan. "I don't anybody trying to kill you, either," I dropped my head a smidge to look into his eyes as he hung his head. As I scanned over his features, I realized he wasn't going to say much more.

I made my way to the door, walking around the counter space and into the living room, my heels lightly clacking against the flooring. Taking one of the doorknobs in my hand, I pushed the exit open with the side of my body. I looked back to find Negan's back turned to me, he hadn't moved an inch.

"I just thought I would be honest," I said as I stepped through the threshold, closing the door behind me. Fuck, my conscious spoke, I hope I haven't fucked this all up. I stormed down the hall and to the stairwell, descending to my floor. I hurriedly made my way to my bedroom door, promptly opening it and locking it behind me. Tonight was supposed to be an amazing night.

-

After a few hours of tossing and turning in bed, I found myself shuffling through the hallways toward the nearest exit. I couldn't sleep and I wanted to look at the stars, hoping my dad could give me advice from the sky. As I approached a set of double doors with steel bars across the middle, I pushed one bar in and the latch opened, sending the door forward. I was met by the cool night air. I stepped outside and gently closed the door behind me, not wanting to attract any attention. I walked to the nearest picnic-style table and hopped onto the surface, laying my back against the wooden planks and looking up to the night sky.

I'd been avoiding Negan for the past few days after our argument, although it didn't require much effort, because he seemed to be avoiding me too. I anticipated his outburst, but I didn't expect him to turn a blind eye to my existence for three days straight. After steering away from the conversation with Harry and Sherry throughout the first two days, I explained the situation earlier tonight before curfew. 

'He kissed you?'  Sherry asked as her jaw dropped in excitement.

She had wanted Jade to become a wife since she met her, but the other wives weren't too keen on the idea. Quite honestly, neither was Jade. Her attraction to Negan was difficult to dispute, but she held herself to a higher standard. She was a one-partner kind of woman, and she was not the type of person to let her voice go unheard. If she had an opinion, she would share it, and Negan made decisions she would disagree with on occasion.

'Don't get all stirred up yet,' Jade said as she readjusted herself in Harry's desk chair, facing him as he sat on the floor of his bedroom, back against the bed and angled in Jade's direction. Sherry was laying flat on her stomach with her legs hanging off the side opposite of Harry, her face propped up on the heels of her palms as she listened intently. 'Then Dwight showed up, and he said that Daryl went missing.'

'Oh, Jade,' Harry sulked as his head dropped, knowing exactly where her story was going. Sherry shot her head down to look at the side of Harry's face, then quickly averted her gaze back up to Jade, struggling to catch up to speed. She drew in a long, sharp breath as she ultimately understood.