CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Beautiful...she's beautiful. Bright lights blinded the eyes of the young boy, but the faint smile on his lips never left. His mother glance at him and an uncontrollable smile on her lips appeared, leaning down she whispers in his ears. He stares at every twirl she does, at every jump, leaving the classical music to disappear at the back of his mind as the girl on top of the stage conquered everything in his mind.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" the elder teases and before the young boy could realise what his mother has done, he nods in agreement. Chuckling the mother nudges her best friend, nodding towards her son and the daughter of her close friend. Giving each other a look, they laugh silently.

Another young boy, stubbornly eating in the theatre leans forwards and look at his mother before looking at his brother, shoving a handful of chips in his mouth. He frowns, wondering what the two mothers were talking about and why his brother looks so mesmerised as though he has seen an Angel in real life, coming to collect him and bring him heaven.

"Ge," he tags his brothers sleeve getting the gentle affection of his older brother, "Are you leaving me?"

The older brother frowns and shakes his head, sudden worry consuming him at the wide teary eyes that his younger brother gives him, "No, I'm not leaving you A-Yue," he comforts, "why'd you ever think that?"

Lu Yue sniff and wipe his eyes with his palms, "Be-because you look like you saw Angel," he pouts.

Lu Si Cheng chuckles and wipe Lu Yue's face once more with his handkerchief, he glances back at the angelic girl dancing on top of the stage. Lu Si Cheng will admit that she's beautiful, as though the angels and Aphrodite themselves had come down from the sky and blessed the girl with eternal beauty. Looking back at his brother Si Cheng shakes his head.

"Not even the angels will take me away from you A-Yue," he promises and that is true, no matter what happens no angel will ever take him away from his beloved younger brother. Nodding Lu Yue smiles widely at Lu Si Cheng, before they both turn back to the stage, watching Tong Yao dance in her comfort zone.

∼✧∽

"Lu Yue! Come Back! That's Mine!" the young girl cries running after her mortal enemy around the mansion. Lu Yue's laugh echoes through the mansion, his best friend slash mortal enemy chasing after him in her ballerina outfit. Tong Yao glares as Lu Yue turns around and sticks his tongue out showing her pointe shoes that he's holding with a mocking expression.

Lu Yue finds the joy and makes it his job to annoy Tong Yao, stealing her stuff and hiding it in places that the owner of the house doesn't even know exist in the first place. Or making her chase him around the mansion whilst giving her a mocking face. Just so that Tong Yao will not steal his brother away from him. Young he is, Lu Yue understands emotions more than anyone in the household, he seen the way his own blood brother treats Tong Yao with love, the way his brother protects the young girl, the way his brother scolds him if Lu Yue makes Tong Yao cries...he's afraid to be left alone by the person he looks up too.

So, he'll do anything to get Tong Yao away from Lu Si Cheng and have her attention towards him and not his older brother.

The chase between the two young children continues until they ended up in the wide garden of the Lu State, were the gardeners laugh and look at the two with so much admiration before yelling at them to be careful at the wet grass. With Lu Yue's much persuasion the parents of Tong Yao have finally let her sleep over and 'teach' Lu Yue how to twirl in ballet, however they spent the whole day and night chasing each other, raiding the kitchen, and watching movies. Although the two are much more like enemies than friends, always arguing, always chasing each other, always angering each other, no one has a bond like they do, a strong and unbreakable bond.