Chapter 2: Not done yet

Começar do início

You weren't exactly comfortable telling him about your sad rent story and didn't want to. Besides why did he care that you literally had no money? Well he did feed you recently. You can't be too harsh on him, he was also a lot more friendly and welcoming than Scaramouche despite being a Harbinger

You threw your hands up, "oh nothing really! Just a question is all Childe! Now stop looking at me like that, you look almost like Scaramouche."

Childe eyes widened before his cheerful expression came back "Oh sorry! Didn't mean to scare you Y/N! But ya know if you tell me I can help with whatever is going on. You can trust me! I'm your friend."

Was he your friend? He was nice and you genuinely enjoyed his company, but he was a Harbinger. Same as Scaramouche

You smiled a genuine smile " It's okay, thank you though Childe. I appreciate it. Oh I gotta go! I almost forgot why I came up here! Bye Childe!" You turned and waved immediately leaving the Harbinger to ponder in his thoughts. He watched you walk off towards what seemed like the direction of the book store. Why did you leave in a hurry like that? It almost hurt his feelings, almost. But he had a feeling there was a lot more going on here, you obviously needed money.

With a more serious tone he spoke "Men," and three Fatui members walked out what seemingly looked like no where. All taking a knee to their superior "Sir!"

"I want you to find out more about that girl I was talking to. Y/N is her name, bring me information by afternoon got it?"

You didn't really have anything to do, but getting away from Childe was a start. You felt kinda bad but didn't want him to question you anymore, he looked threatening, you didn't like it.

Opening your small bag you took what little mora you had and headed to get a snack. You were starving again, but noticed it wasn't enough to actually buy anything. "Maybe I should have stayed with Childe..." You sighed and decided you would do something slightly dumb. You left the city of Liyue and headed out into the mountains to see if you could simply pick some berries or find some ingredients. About an hour or two into the walk you wondered where Scaramouche could have gone to, of course so you could avoid him. But smiled because he wouldn't be running into you anytime soon. Childe said he left and you almost wanted to ask Childe where whenever you ran into him again. You've met crazy but then there was the short Harbinger himself. You snickered as you tried to picture him without his hat, he was some how shorter. Your giggles were cut short when a soft yellow glint caught your eyes just ahead of you.

"Jackpot!" You shouted excitedly and started to pick the arrangement of plants you knew were edible. Even eating some along the way, you walked out further not noticing that it was becoming night fall and pretty cold. "Just how long have I been walking?" You should really get better at managing your time. Holding your arms and shivering you couldn't help but get excited when spotting a campfire up the hill. "Warmth!" You shouted and There was even cooked fish and even a sweet Madame sitting besides it. Even with some empty tents around it. Whoever's food it was they weren't here now. Your mouth was watering and you looked side to side to see that no one was there. Maybe you get just have a few bites?

You snuck closer and kept checking side to side, still no one. You reached out and started to work on the Sweet Madame, it was delicious and absolutely worth the stress of getting caught. You were enjoying it so much that you didn't even notice the three men now standing behind you, watching you enjoy their dinner. "Pretty good huh?" A voice came and you smiled "Yeah It's very good! Whoever made it should be prou-" your smile dropped and you whipped around to what you believed were Fatui Skirmishers all equipped with weapons. What were you? A Fatui magnet?

"Oh hello! Haha who are you?" You weakly laughed setting the food down and started to crawl away. One the the skirmishers whipped out a rifle and aimed it right at you "Now now don't be shy. Go on ahead and finish eating why don't you?" So your death options were simple. Die by hammer, die by rifle, or whatever the big guy had. "Let the boss know we have a intruder." The bigger Fatui with a hammer commanded and the one who you assumed was two seconds away from shooting you took off without question. He dashed off quickly and you were astonished by his speed. Wait Boss?